OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

West Tennessee

Started by TRKYKLR, March 27, 2013, 05:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYKLR

I'm looking for any information on a place in West Tennessee that has good number in birds that not eveybody and thier brother hunts. We were planing to go to Texas and the trip more or less got canceled because the guy that was setting it up for was to wishy washy about it. So Tennessee is the fall back plan since we have the week planed to hunt and its the only. Place that's opening the same time. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

SKFOOTER

TRKYKLR

This next week for no more than seven days. Either Saturday March 30th through Friday April 5th or Monday April 1st through Sunday April 7th.

RemingtonRules

a place in West Tennessee that has good number in birds that not eveybody and thier brother hunts.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.  I am not aware of a place like this in any state, especially TN.  If it were me I would head to Barbour County, AL.  If it has to be TN I would head to the middle to eastern part of the state. 

I hate turkeys

A bunch of the pubic ground is draw hunts which makes most of the open ground crowded on the weekends. You might check Land between the lakes, somewhere around Paris TN or Real Foot lake And that's the reason I pay a bunch of money to hunt turkeys. With very strict harvest rules an hour drive from my house plus another thirty minutes to an hour walk but it's got turkeys.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

TRKYKLR

Thanks for the information guys.
I found a great spot to go.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I just left west Tennessee from guiding Hunt For A Cure.

I wouldn't go back for the first week; the birds are still very flocked up.

Goodluck whenever you choose to head that way.

Wingbone

True about being flocked up. I live in west Tn and drove around a bit today. Saw 5-6 large flocks. No single toms anywhere that I checked. As far as public ground, opening week in Tn is crazy on public ground. Unlike some other states, just about every warm blooded male in this state hunts turkeys, and only about 20% of them have private ground to hunt. Not trying to scare you off, just trying to prepare you. Hope you get into some good hunting.
In Hoc Signo Vinces