turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Osceola Dirt Nap!!!

Started by SouthernThunder, March 26, 2013, 05:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernThunder

I spent the past two days down in Basinger Fl, thirty minutes outside of Okeechobee. The wind was horrendous, like 30 mph gusts, so the birds couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them. I started off this morning in a spot that was loaded with roosted turkeys the night before but I heard/saw nothing so I decided to move on. Long story short it was about 10:30 and I was literally checking the last field before I was gonna call it a day. Side note, I had forgotten my binoculars and this is a big field. Anyway, I was looking and initially didn't see anything but I hung around because past experience told me this is the "honey hole". After about ten minutes I finally saw what I was looking for, that little black dot in the distance and it was headed my way!!! I watched it for a few minutes and I knew where he was headed so I booked it to head him off.  I got setup and waited. After what seemed like 30 minutes I saw him moving through the palmettos. He stepped out at about 50 yards and I let the Hevi Shot do its work! He dropped and it was game over boys!  :z-guntootsmiley: According to the check station he scored 60.125! Roll Tide!!!

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

alloutdoors

Rokhal07

captin_hook

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your bird man!! :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Great bird. Congrats........

JVA54