OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

indian creek .555

Started by mudcreek, March 26, 2013, 03:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudcreek

just ordered an Indian Creek .555 for a BPS 20 gauge.  What about the federal Heavy Weight # 7

for this gun?

mudcreek

forgot to mention the little gun has had the forcing cone done

remmy1187

The IC chokes are not recommended with the flightcontrol wad.  The IC is ported and has wad catchers inside, both are typically not conducive to good patterns with the FC wad.   However, the IC is usually outstanding with hevi shot loads.  Dont know much about the BPS but I have the IC for my remington shotguns and they are the best patterning for my gun.

mudcreek

do all fed heavyweights have flight control wads, or is that just another extra.  I would probably just go with hevi shot, but I can't find # 7's in 20 gauge.

ahfox16

Quote from: mudcreek on March 26, 2013, 07:14:37 PM
do all fed heavyweights have flight control wads, or is that just another extra.  I would probably just go with hevi shot, but I can't find # 7's in 20 gauge.

Yes

gophert

Keep in mind that the wad in the 20 ga Federal HW shell is much softer than the 12 ga model.  The wad in the 12 ga shell is totally different and does not work well with chokes with wad catchers. 

However the 20 ga Fed do very well with wad catchers.   

Mine 870 20 consistently put in the upper 160's in a 10" with the IC .555

Huntdux

I have the same choke in the same gun with a 26" barrel and Hevi 6s shot a better pattern than 7s.
Hope this helps.