OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Will a laser sight spook a turkey?

Started by barry, March 26, 2013, 12:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

The reason I ask is because we have a blind hunter coming in for our Wheelin' Sportsmen hunt and he has a laser mounted on his shotgun for his spotter to help him aim.
He uses this system on deer with no problems but I was wondering about turkeys.
He has both Red and Green light lasers...would one be better than the other?

Thanks for your input.
Barry

Tail Feathers

I'm told green light does not spook birds.
I think they can see red because of the head colors on toms, and the way it changes.

If that is the way he has to hunt, I'd say use the green laser.  It would show up better on the waddles anyway.

Good luck!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

30_06

I don't have a clue if it will spook a turkey or not, but that sounds like a great way to overcome his handicap. Good luck!

lonnie sneed jr.

I know nonthing about the lasers, but a blind man turkey hunting is amazing. Let us know how he does. People like this man you are talking about are my hero's. I wish him all the luck in the world.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

Muzzy61

I'm not sure either, but i wish the hunter all the luck in the world.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

reflexl

We carried Mimosa Gobbler's daughter deer hunting with a laser. She is legally blind. I have never seen a kid as tickled over killing a deer as she was. I ain't seen many grown ups as excited as her uncle and I either. We nearly tore a blind down whooping and hollering. While I don't know how the turkeys will react to the laser I will interject my .02 worth. Do anything you can to help him get his bird. I know some people questioned our ethics when Ella killed her deer. Big deal! Some people just need a little help to accomplish their goals in life. One of the most satisfying experiences in life is providing that little bit of help. My hat is off to you brother! reflexl