Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gooserbat Classic Hen Give Away We got a winner!!!

Started by Gooserbat, March 26, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadatom

My turkey spur necklace. Shot Tom with one spur and it ended up on a necklace and I only wear it during turkey season, for good luck

catman529

I got into hunting in 2010 so I haven't had anything very long.

First camo hat I bought has stayed with me longer than anything else, also a cheap camo T shirt that I still have. I don't always wear the hat, it's somewhat faded from the sun, but I did tag out with it last spring on my last hunt of the season.

Wish I had one of my first tube calls I made when I was just taking an interest in hunting, late 2009/early 2010. I think my first tube was made from an empty spice container with the bottom cut out. I currently use a bamboo tube I made in 2011 but didn't start using until 2012. I put on a fresh reed and it is tuned and ready to go for this season. Already called in a hen and a few jakes in the backyard with it this year, so I am practiced and ready to go.

Also must mention the turkey gun. First gun I ever bought, a NEF Pardner pump 12 gauge. bought it in early 2011, and killed my first turkey with it that spring. Still hunt with it, heavy as lead, but it kills em. I have killed 14 birds with it so far (I hunt in the fall too). It will probably stay with me a while too before I get a "better" gun... but for now, it has served me well and I don't see a need to change it.

Hope when I am an old timer, I will still have something saved from when I was just starting out. Maybe the hat or the gun at least....

bullet355

Mine would have to be my vest it's about 15 years old.

budtripp

I've used the same turkey vest since I started hunting at 13. Old mossy oak super elite type vest in original breakup  :icon_thumright: Second would be my old 11-87, still have her but shes now a backup to my benelli

Gooserbat

Quote from: zeus26 on March 26, 2013, 09:50:37 PM
My trusty old brown Quaker Boy diaphragm call case with the "Boss Gobbler" logo on the lid.  I've had it for 22 years and still going strong.
(But don't worry, there's still room for a Classic Hen in there!)

Thanks!!

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

That might not earn you a freebie but it sure is worth a discount>
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kansas hooks

It would have to be my lucky shirt.  It's what I wear under my camo.  It's pretty torn up but I just don't feel the same in the woods unless I have it on.

Ded Goblr

My 1977 Ben Lee twin hen box call. First turkey call I ever bought..

Woodsman4God

A good cushion/seat of some kind . if you cant sit comfortably fidgetting is gonna cost you chances at game animals

Ky Gobbler

Tantan1220

Gamblinman

My Wild Turkey Bourbon camo hat. Got it at the convention many moons ago.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

IndianaGobbler

Xcal1ber

I've had the same old vest I got at walmart for about 10 years or so. It has carried a lot of squirrels and gobblers.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

zeus26

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 27, 2013, 10:15:08 AM
Quote from: zeus26 on March 26, 2013, 09:50:37 PM
My trusty old brown Quaker Boy diaphragm call case with the "Boss Gobbler" logo on the lid.  I've had it for 22 years and still going strong.
(But don't worry, there's still room for a Classic Hen in there!)

Thanks!!

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

That might not earn you a freebie but it sure is worth a discount>

Here it is in all it's glory.  Turkeys fear the "Boss Gobbler"!

GobbleNut

I carry two locator calls,...and PS Olt crow call and a Quaker Boy tube,...that I have used for decades.  They have located thousands of gobblers for me all over the country.  They are old friends that are with me on every hunt.