OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best opening weekend ever

Started by misfire, March 26, 2013, 07:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

Got up for the opener with my son, woke up to 40 degrees and pouring rain. The spot we found was already occupied, went to an alternate, never got out of the truck. Tried to wait out the rain, it never stopped or slowed down. That was it for the weekend. But here is the kicker that made it the best ever. Fifty years earlier, my mom and dad exchanged their wedding vows. I got home that morning and began the process of smoking two 25# hams and two 9# tenderloins. Sunday we went to my parents and celebrated with many friends this momentous occasion. When it came time for me to give the toast, I had this elaborate speech already prepared. I made it two sentences into it and choked up to the point I couldnt speak. I thank God to be able to be a part of history that not many people can see. I also thank God for having two loving, Christian parents. I would say that I wish for them to have 50 more years together, but my momma has been through enough with the men in this family :TooFunny:
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

tomstopper

Thats awesome. Congrats to your parents.

TN Beard Buster

Congrats to them. My parents will celebrate their 50th next September.

30_06

Congrats to your parents, it is rare to see these days.

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

Roostem33

That is a good weekend Lee, congrats to your parents!!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)