OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

22 Remington Jet

Started by Deputy 14, March 25, 2013, 09:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

No I'm not shooting turkeys with one.  LOL.  Ive got a buddy looking for some 22 Jet brass to reload.  Seems to be a little difficult to find.  If anyone can turn me on to some or has some laying around they would be willing to part with I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

wvcurlytop

Hey I googled it and there is some brass for sale.  Craigslist has some, and some other private sites list it for sale.  Graf & sons sales it, but they are temporarily out of stock.  You may try calling them and get your name on the list for when it becomes availabe.  Also seems to be a lot of info out there for using 357 mag casings and making your own with the proper reloading dies.  Just an idea.  Hope this helps.  Aren't computers amazing?  What used to be impossible is just a google search away!!

Deputy 14

Yea ive been through all that.  My buddy called a guy on craigslist and something about it fell through.  Hes got a bid on some on another site but looking for as much as he can get.  Ive called grafs and they said that its a seasonal thing and they dont know when they are going to get anymore in.  Also called Midway and about a dozen other places and got the same answer.

wvcurlytop

I tried.  I know you can never find something when you really want too.  I would look at the reloading dies and forming my own.  Reloading is fun anyway plus you can save some $$ by doing it yourself.  And if you get good at it, you could always make it and sell it and pay for what it cost you to get started.  Just an idea, but how is that saying, "Necessity is the mother of all inventions."  Good luck, I've never saw a 22 rem jet.  Rare as hen's teeth I'd say..

Deputy 14

I appreciate the help Curlytop.  I guess hes beat his brains out trying to find some brass.  I thing he's trying to keep from having to buy the forming dies.  Definitely gonna have to hand load though.  I dont think anyone has made ammo for that thing since K-Mart was the go to for sporting goods. 
Your right about rare, you can find a few pistols but the rifles are almost non-existent.   

wvcurlytop

K-mart, our go to store was Heck's..  Those were the days..  I'll bet he'll have to go the reloading route, as some of those old calibers have headed to boohill already.  My neighbor has a 22 hi-power, and I thought it was rare.  I have some gun nut buddies and I'll check with them tomorrow and see if they have any 22 rem jet shells or brass laying around.  If so, I'll let you know..

Deputy 14