turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How long will it be Southeast?

Started by trippsims, March 25, 2013, 04:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippsims

Just wondering how long you guys think it's going to be before I can get these birds to start doing their dirt flop dance to the sound of my shotgun? I see signs of it all starting to happen, but I hear a lot of folks saying second week of April, or third, for us here in Mississippi? I hear good things coming out of Alabama and Florida. What do y'all think?

Burney Mac

I"ll tell you this. Just spent a week hunting in central Alabama. First four days were completely silent. Day five we heard one bird, one time. On day six we finally got on a hot bird, but it wasn't meant to be. This was on 3.000 acres. To say it was tough would be an understatement.
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

BrowningGuy88

I am in Southwest AL right on the Mississippi line and hunting right at 2k acres. I have been in birds all 5 days I have hunted and called in a bunch of toms. I have heard very few gobbling and the only hot birds I got on were 2 super jakes and I killed one of those. I called in a double Saturday morning that gobbled once between them. We tagged both of them.

It is a lot of blind calling and knowing where the birds are at right now. I hope if the weather warms up they will be doing there thing by the first week of April.