turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey cape

Started by captpete, March 25, 2013, 06:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

I'm going to try to cape out my bird this year and looking for info and ideas on it. I've seen a couple threads on different forums and it seems pretty straight forward & should be fairly easy to do. So when I get this done and after I have it dried, how do you dispaly it....what type of hook or what not do you hang it from? How do you attach the hook to the cape? Do you frame it?  Pics of how you dispaly it would be great.

Byhalia

Hang it by itself or frame it...your choice.

I hang mine with a straight pin.
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

lightsoutcalls

I'll try to remember to take a picture of one of the boards I made to hang a cape on.  I have 2 capes hanging, one on either side of the fireplace on brick columns.  I use a picture hook that has a wire "D" shaped loop to hang the cape, which is tacked onto the board.  If you have ever seen an old fur stretching board, it is shaped similar.  I make mine at 1/2" thick or just under to reduce some weight.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

alloutdoors

I make an upside down T frame, lath or similar works pretty good. Then just tack the tail fan and in my case the wings. If not doing the wings you can hang it all from the fan base.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

captpete

Thanks for the info. Would love to see more pics!