OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Awesome morning Part 2 - good Osceola down!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 24, 2013, 06:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishff727

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 24, 2013, 08:09:02 PM
Thanks you guys!! I'm pretty pumped!! :you_rock:
IrishFF, sorry bro, but I'd prefer to keep the location to myself. Its hard enough as is to get drawn for a hunt down here in FLA. I'd rather not advertise which WMA I got drawn for. Hope you understand.
Totally understandable I was only asking cause I have a buddy who lives up there and also drew and quota and nailed both his birds on the first two days of season.

strut2

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

jakebird

Is it just me or do his wings look more eastern than Osceola? It appears the white bars are more dominant than the black . Are you close to the regional overlap with some eastern hybrids? Anyhow congrats on an awesome bird and great spurs on that boy!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

captin_hook

That's a great bird. Awesome hooks! That's a nice ride as well!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Fatbeard

East TN Beard Buster

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: catman529 on March 25, 2013, 01:12:44 AMMan I love that mtn bike... I have ridden mine in to deer hunt (killed a doe that was looking at my bike below the treestand) but have never biked in to turkey hunt mainly because I don't have a strap on my shotgun.
I bought the gun racks for an ATV and mounted them on my bike's handlebars instead. Works great!!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: jakebird on March 25, 2013, 01:59:54 PM
Is it just me or do his wings look more eastern than Osceola? It appears the white bars are more dominant than the black . Are you close to the regional overlap with some eastern hybrids?
Jakebird, I noticed that as well. I was hunting in east central Florida, well south of the regional overlap. I've been watching the differences in wing barring in birds I've taken in this region. Some are very Osceola in their wing bars, others are more like Easterns. I've even killed birds off of the same WMA that varied like that. Beats me.

hookedspur

I love it ! Long HOOKEDSPURS Great pictures AND on a Bike ,,,,Congrats
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gawhitaker

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed the story and the pics

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: irishff727 on March 25, 2013, 05:16:36 AM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 24, 2013, 08:09:02 PM
Thanks you guys!! I'm pretty pumped!! :you_rock:
IrishFF, sorry bro, but I'd prefer to keep the location to myself. Its hard enough as is to get drawn for a hunt down here in FLA. I'd rather not advertise which WMA I got drawn for. Hope you understand.
Totally understandable I was only asking cause I have a buddy who lives up there and also drew and quota and nailed both his birds on the first two days of season.
Irishff, that's pretty darned good on any WMA!! Tell your buddy congrats on his accomplishment!!
How did the last day of your hunt go?
And thanks for the compliments guys, he was a nice bird!!

mnturkey

Congratulations on a nice bird and a great story.
SEMPER FI

RutnNStrutn