turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tom wins again

Started by irishff727, March 24, 2013, 12:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishff727

This was the second full weekend I was able to hunt. Got out to camp Friday and figure I would go do some late evening scouting maybe try to roost up a bird. I come around the corner and there is a big fat Tom just sitting there he didn't move didn't even flinch. It's like he knew it was Friday and I couldn't shoot him pretty sure his gobble was a laugh as he strolled off into the woods. So I took that s a good sign  walked the area and as the sun light faded tried to find me a roosting bird. No such luck. And that lack of luck continued all dy sat. Not one gobble heard not even hen sounds. Nada so went back to camp and had lunch did some fishing and beer drinking. Went out again to try and find the roost again no luck this am got t my spot early. Not this entire time I have been doing almost no calling just a cluck here and there and maybe a yelp. Well I figure I would try something different so I called pretty consistent. And boy did I get some attention..... From some pissed off hens lookin for " that hen " yes we all know that hen, ws that girl in high school lol. Again not a single Tom or gobble all day. Nothing. So my calling didn't do anything but piss off some hens and I am leaving camp with two tags unfilled. Good news is I am heading up to nc April 13th for opening season and I pitched it to my wife as my bday present. So maybe I'll get lucky and get a eastern seeming how the osceolas don't want to get with the program and make out with my Winchester barrel

tomstopper

Good luck. Hope to see some pics soon.....

DirtNap647