turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nebraska Birds

Started by NorfolkHunter, March 23, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkHunter

Heading to Nebraska in a week to chase longbeards with my bow. I was wondering if the birds have started to split up or not. Has there been much gobbling? Thanks for any information and good luck to anyone heading out for the Nebraska opener on Monday.

tomstopper

I know nothing about Nebraska but Good Luck in chasing them gobblers there.

spaightlabs

Panhandle birds had started to break up a bit 2 weeks ago.  Started hearing more gobbling last weekend.

We got a foot of snow in Denver yesterday - if they got what we got it'll slow em down some.

Friend is hunting tomorrow - I will let ya know what he sees.

Ded Goblr

The birds are starting to move, but we got another cold snap. Only about 3" of snow, but the cold will slow things down. Looks like it will be a slow opener unless it it really warms up in a hurry. Chadron area and the northern part of the state got more snow than we did in south central.

NorfolkHunter

Thank you for the replies so far. I will be hunting in Holt County so more to the North. Good luck to your friend hunting the opener. This will be a completly new experience for me as I've never hunted turkeys in another state. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new terrain. I'll be sure to post a small recap of my hunt.