OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Florida Hunting (pic heavy)

Started by Old Gobbler, March 23, 2013, 10:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Beautiful pics Shannon. Never been to Fl. It sure looks different than Mi. I have a special place too,just can't find it . Place where I killed my first gobbler. I know the general area but I got so caught up in slipping in I didn't know where I was at.

Saylfish

Congrats Rasta. Good hunting with you this weekend as always.  :you_rock:
IAFF 1377

ghillie

Very nice Shannon! Beauty area, nothing better than slowing down and soaking it all in...

Thanks for sharing...

hoyt

Nice pictures..reminds me of my old days living in Fl. and chasing Osceola's. Never could get used to how those birds would go into such thick stuff. I've watched them disappear into those palmettos many times.

speckslayer

Congrats Shannon,as usual it was nice to hunt with you this weekend,good times my frend

paboxcall

Thanks for sharing those pictures, and for the reminder to always stay present in the moment.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

barry

Gold Spur

Great pics Shannon, I could almost hear a Osceola gobbling.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 23, 2013, 10:32:33 PM
Walking out .... sometimes you have to take  break on a nice morning and soak it all in  , life passes you by quickly , remember and appreciate the good times, the great places,  and special friends --

:cross2: Amen to that, my OG brother.

:icon_thumright: Great hunt and photo's. Congrats
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Hooksfan

Wow! Thanks for sharing your secret spot.  Felt almost like I was there.

RutnNStrutn

Shannon, those woods are classic, pristine, old time Florida!! Undisturbed forever, except for the occasional visit from hunters such as you. I know of places that look like that. They are beautiful! I used to deer hunt in a live oak similar to yours. I would walk up a low branch and perch on a fat branch higher up. No need for a treestand. I've also seen hens nesting in thick stuff like that. You'd never think to see a turkey there, until they run across the road in front of you. ;D Always hens, always nesting. Good stuff, being one with nature!
Congrats on your bird!! Enjoy the sanctity of those woods brother!! :icon_thumright:

Rokhal07

Fantastic stuff Shannon. Great pics and narration

Spring_Woods

I swear I need to make it down there before I'm old and grey. Thanks for the post  :you_rock:
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

n2deer

Love the big oaks, great times.

darn2ten

Brings back lots of memories. Born in Florida, live in Tennessee now. Of all the things in the woods I miss the most are the huge moss covered live oaks, don't miss the mosquitoes though! Of most of the oseolas I ever killed I would definitely say I had to really earn them, kind of spoiled with all the easterns around me now.