OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What in the heck

Started by turkey_slayer, March 23, 2013, 10:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

* EVENT... SNOW SHOWERS DEVELOPING BY SUNDAY NIGHT BEHIND PASSAGE OF A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AND ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT. SNOWFALL AMOUNTS COULD TOTAL 4 TO 8 INCHES... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES ABOVE 3500 FEET BY LATE TUESDAY.

Looks like I'm hunting snow birds opening day ;D

captin_hook

Yeah, we're supposed to get pounded here in PA. It's cool with me though, this cold weather is keeping my birds flocked up. I still have over a month until opening day.

BamaProud

Those Weather Service Goobers don't know what they are talking about.
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.

turkaholic

Last year we had 80's in March and April here in CT, that was strange but this is just not right. I just this morning herd the first gobble of the season. From my records of the first gobble this is the latest in 10 years. Most years average about March 13th or so. Still snow on the ground maybe it's good to hold thing back a little, at least here in the North East.
live to hunt hunt to live

lonnie sneed jr.

Freezing rain now in Southern WV

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

turkey_slayer

Yeah Friday morning we set a low record. Last year on the same day we set a high record.  It's got to break some time. I just hope we don't skip spring and go straight to summer :P

longspur

is that good for tracking turkeys?

jakesdad

Getting pounded in NE Missouri as we speak.Calling for 8-11" by tonite.Our youth hunt is in 13 days and I havent been out yet to listen/scout!Usually by now birds are hammerin pretty decent but have only talked to a few guys who have heard only a gobble or two so far.If I could get a bead on that groundhog.......................... :fud:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Holston

Where are you at in SW VA?

I'm in the Washington/Smyth area.

teke

Nothing here yet in northern WV, must be gobble warming... :happy0064:

redarrow

Quote from: BamaProud on March 24, 2013, 06:59:20 AM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
You know that for a fact do ya.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Holston on March 24, 2013, 11:21:35 AM

We must be neighbors lol. I'm in glade spring but on the north side near saltville. Where abouts are you

Michigander

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 24, 2013, 10:11:12 AM
Yeah Friday morning we set a low record. Last year on the same day we set a high record.  It's got to break some time. I just hope we don't skip spring and go straight to summer :P

This is exactly what happened to us here in MI. Thankfully I got the early season and tagged out before it hit the 90's.

hootn

Quote from: BamaProud on March 24, 2013, 06:59:20 AM

john i been telling you that for years. now what is this about the chance of snow wednesday moning here in bama???

scott

Holston

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 24, 2013, 04:19:43 PM
Quote from: Holston on March 24, 2013, 11:21:35 AM

We must be neighbors lol. I'm in glade spring but on the north side near saltville. Where abouts are you

We may just be, I live in Glade now, but I'm from Saltville.