turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening Day Bird

Started by HARPJ_is_HOOKED, March 23, 2013, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HARPJ_is_HOOKED

For those of you who have read the story I wrote on this forum a few weeks ago, you know it took me the entire season last year to harvest my very first bird. Not this year baby!!!! Numero Two-oh came this morning on opening morning. There's no doubt in my mind that I couldn't have done it without tips I've gotten from reading everyone else's experiences on this forum. I don't make many posts, but I read a lot of yours. So this one is for everyone on Oldgobbler. Thanks for your help! Harper

P.S.- For those of you who said patience is the most important tip they could give to another turkey hunter, I believe you are correct, sirs... I sat frozen from the moment he pitched down until 10:45 while this bird paced back and forth about 10 yards behind me, for what I believe was 3+ hours. I'm not sure when he pitched down, as I couldn't look at my watch. I sat completely still if you don't count trembling. Here's my tip... don't set up directly under a roosted gobbler you don't know is up there.
Harper Johnson

Publicland

Great job! He looks nice!!!

strut-stopper

Congrats on the bird! And yes it's best to not sit under the roost tree if at all possible ha ha glad it worked out for you

TN-Hunter

vaturkey

Congrats on bird # 2 ! Now the ice has really been broken ! Good luck the rest of your season !  :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

alloutdoors

Flydown

Congratulations! Nothing better!

Rio Fan

captin_hook

Congrats, alot of non turkey hunters don't realize how difficult it is to sit still for a very long time. Well deserved bird!

tomstopper

Quote from: captin_hook on March 24, 2013, 06:29:59 AM
Congrats, alot of non turkey hunters don't realize how difficult it is to sit still for a very long time. Well deserved bird!
:agreed: especially with a temptation like that one behind you & you just want to take a sneak peek..... Congrats on a fine looking bird. The crazy addiction has begun....... :toothy12:

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:

Very nice going,congrats!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

DirtNap647

reflexl

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CT Spur Collector

Good job.

That's good that tips from the forum helped you bag this nice tom.

Two tips that an old guy told me one day many years ago: 1. Be patient. 2. Be out there.

You'll never kill one from the kitchen table. (unless you use the high-power).  No sport in that.

Congrats  again.