turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3.5" Mag Blend users?

Started by BlakeJ, March 23, 2013, 06:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

What 40 yard 10" numbers are y'all getting?

I just tried some out of my SBE2 with a jellyhead and got 173.

CrustyRusty

With my SBE2 24 inch I was getting 190's with a Rhino choke.  With a PG choke I was getting same numbers as yours with a very even pattern.  I happened to use the PG hunting because of the evenness.

albrubacker

Sounds like a great pattern! I see some Mag Blends in my future since xtended range has dissappeared!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

obro

My SBE2 was in the 170s and 180 with mag blends .

Gold Spur

I got 210 with my NWTF Browning Gold, Indian Creek .665. I sure it'll do better with a clean barrel but haven't had a chance to try it.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

reynolds243

248 with stoeger 3500 and hevi 656 choke.

booth

Went and shot today and got 170s with the 3" shooting a jellyhead .655 out of my supernova.

beagler

Mid 190's on average with my 24" SBE 2 and Rhino (.660).
Never Misses

tomtamer25

I got 175 out of a Browning Maxus with IC .665, but my 20" was  390, I am more concerned with 20" instead of the 10".

jrmcclure

257 in the 10" at 40 out of a mossberg 535 and a tightwad choke. By far the best shell and choke combo iv found for the 535.

BlakeJ

Actually I recounted a little. 184. Good enough for me.

WildSpur

220's with a 20" 835 and JH.

Excited to try them out on my 870 and JH .660.

Cluck more, yelp less

nyhunter

Keep in mind the higher numbers are because theres more 7's in the shell than 5's or 6's. I had 3 different lot#'s and was getting any where from 150's 170's and 190's, so i cut 1 open from each lot number and sure enough the 190 shell had more 7's and the 150 shell had more 5's

CrustyRusty

Thats very interesting NYhunter.  Makes ya wonder why we are so focused on numbers when there are so many variations with the shells.  Seems we really should be caring about the evenness and adequate numbers to kill a turkey

tomtamer25

Quote from: CrustyRusty on March 24, 2013, 10:07:57 AM
Thats very interesting NYhunter.  Makes ya wonder why we are so focused on numbers when there are so many variations with the shells.  Seems we really should be caring about the evenness and adequate numbers to kill a turkey
BINGO!