OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Central Mississippi

Started by intherut, March 23, 2013, 12:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

intherut

Hey guys how's the action lookin in these parts. Gonna be hittin the woods hard this upcoming week. Hopefully be puttin some lead in some heads.

trippsims

Not good for some, great for others. Alabama seems to be beginning to have some action judging by all of the kills coming out of there, so we shouldn't be far behind! I told someone today that I am placing my bets on Wednesday and Thursday things starting to roll, let's hope I am right! Good luck next week!

Rio

Just got home from Holmes County...was planning on hunting all weekend, but the weather chased us back to Texas.
Birds are still pretty henned up. Heard lots of gobbles on the limb, but very little after fly down. Best tactic seemed to be find an area where they've been scratching and strutting and wait em out. The trees aren't budded out yet, which made running and gunning pretty difficult. Lots of turkeys, though...they should turn it on here pretty soon.

rutbuck

Good gobbling in Leake County and Copiah County where I hunt....Not good and broke up just yet. Should be getting right this upcoming week and the weeks to follow. Weather not so good so didn't hunt today. Will hang with them this upcoming week.

surehuntsalot

super slow here in simpson co.
worked 1 bird on opening weekend
got the bird in on my partner,but he couldn't get a clear shot
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

intherut

Been out the past two mornings in newton county and havnt heard a gobble or even a peep from a turkey. Not sure how to go about gettin after em. It's new land and I have no clue where the turkeys are.