turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

slate and glass surfaces for pot calls

Started by jwhunter, March 22, 2013, 08:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwhunter

where are you guys getting your slate and glass. are you cutting them yourself or ordering them from someone?? i am new to this and need all the info i can get on making a pot call

Swamp

check out Brooksidegamecalls.com and GrassyCreek.com they both sell them I order most of slate and glass form Brookside my alum I get form Grassy usually.

jwhunter

thanks swamp. if i make the pot. and i want to glue a soundboard underneath the glass or slate surface. is the soundboard resting on a lip like the glass or slate surface is?

Swamp

You would cut out a pedestal for the surface to sit on I usually try to leve about a 1/16th gap between my top surface and the top of my soundboard. Hope that made seance let me do some digging ill try to find some links So u can get an idea o how to make one.

Swamp

QuickDraw

The glue makes all the difference in the sound also. I use Goop. Plumbers Goop.

Swamp

Quote from: QuickDraw on March 23, 2013, 06:39:39 PM
The glue makes all the difference in the sound also. I use Goop. Plumbers Goop.

X2 any kind of goop glue will work try to find a syringe to. apply it with makes things a lot easier.

lightsoutcalls

I buy my glass from Stumpy here on OG.  I get my slate from Penn Big Bed slate.  Both are top notch and great to work with.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Steve

I deal with Stumpy for slate, glass & ceramic also. I used to use another certain company but got real tired of the crappy service.

Steve