OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Under Armour Boots?

Started by Dr.Love, March 22, 2013, 03:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Love

Anyone got the new under armour boots? If so how do you like them?

DirtNap647

i have the under armour speedfreek boots and love them light weight waterproof like wearing sneakers

Dr.Love

I have been looking at the HAW boots.

DirtNap647

WVhuntEER

I have the HAW.  It is a great boot!  Very comfortable!  You should like them!

zeke632

I read on another forum, back-packing, very good reviews about the Speedfreak boots.

vagrousehunter

I have a pair of Speedfreak boots and I love them.  I used them during the entire grouse season here in Virginia.  Lightweight, great tread and comfortable.  I will caution that the seem to run a half size too small.  BTW, I bought mine on sale from Bass Pro for 104.00.  My buddy just got a pair over the internet for 96.00. so there are some pretty good deals out there.

Publicland

I have the HAW boots they are very comfortable & lightweight! Pretty tough also, I'm hard on boots and these are holding up! I'm very impressed!

mudhen

I have the HAWS in MO Bottomland.

$129 from Wing Supply with a web discount.

They are fine, but in no way did they blow me away, and I really doubt I'd spend $130 on a second pair.

$109 range, ok, but not $160 MSRP....

That being said, they could turn out to be great when compared to other boots, and I'm very hard on boots, so someone else might love them....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

PALongspur

I have a pair of new HAWs ready for this year. I know they feel better than any knee-high I've ever worn, can't wait to hit the woods with them!!

Number17

Had mine for just two years now and the soles are starting to peel back at the seems so I got the Shoe Goo out to fix them. Very little glue was used at the factory and I felt like I could have pulled the soles right off the boots if I wanted to.
The little locking lugs that pinch your Achilles tendon is uncomfortable until the boot warms up and it softens up a bit. In cold weather it can out right hurt for the first hundred steps or so.

They are comfortable once you wear them for a bit.
With that being said, my next pair of rubbers is going to be BOG boots. Supposedly they have a lifetime guarantee.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

RutnNStrutn

I don't buy Under Armour anything. Their prices are absolutely ridiculous on everything!! Screw that!!! I'm not paying double for the "Under Armour" name.  >:(

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Number17 on March 22, 2013, 10:32:03 PMHad mine for just two years now and the soles are starting to peel back at the seems so I got the Shoe Goo out to fix them. Very little glue was used at the factory and I felt like I could have pulled the soles right off the boots if I wanted to.
The little locking lugs that pinch your Achilles tendon is uncomfortable until the boot warms up and it softens up a bit. In cold weather it can out right hurt for the first hundred steps or so.
I rest my case!! I ain't paying UA price for anything!! :z-dizzy:

Number17

When I bought those boots they were at an introductory price of $119....compared to the $150 I'd pay for comparable Mucks. The UA HAW have since gone up in price, but the quality remains sub par.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

RickC

Went through 2 pairs of the UA boots in 2 1/2 years in Iraq. Got a set right after they came out and at the time they were well worth the cost. It was like putting on form fitting, very light weight athletic shoes.
Blessings,
Rick