OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet

Started by Nolehoe, March 22, 2013, 12:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nolehoe

Well I think I'm going to bite the bullet and splurge on a trumpet.  Problem is I'm torn between a Mero or Buice :help: And "both" isn't an option.  What would you guys do in this situation?

Jacobson

I will try and help you here. As this can become a Ford,Chevy kind of thing. I have trumpets by both makers. I have killed turkeys with both. They both sound great, and because these two makers are the only option you are asking about, I will not bring up others. Buice has more mouthpiece options, Mero's trumpet would be more affordable. You can become a very good turkey caller with either of these trumpets. Good Luck

shadetree callers

I agree with jacobsen. BOth guys make awesome calls but they are each different in their own ways. BIlly makes a fine trumpet for sure . Brian makes a very nice call at an affordable price and they sing the tukey songs . I had him make me one with a henbone mouthpiece that is one of my best trumpets , very realistic sound and plays very easy !

turkey-slayer

Both of these callmakers make a very good trumpet call. I have got trumpets from both of them and they will certainly call turkeys. Buice trumpets will cost you a little more. You decide.

ccleroy

Hard decision to make there.....Brian makes a good one no doubt but Billy does as well....I'm a Buice man myself but say that not taking anything away from Brian. It's just a hard decision to make.

savduck

I'm friends with both guys and own and have killed turkeys with both their trumpets

Billy is a trumpet call legend of the old guard. Brian is an award winning up and coming trumpet maker that is part of the new order. Our kids will be talking about Brian the way we speak about Billy.

These are two of the finer gentleman in the call making business. I'd splurge and get on of each. That way you don't have to stress about your decision.
Georgia Boy

outdoors

WOW
        I
          HAVE
                  BOTH
THERE BOTH REAL GOOD , YOU CAN'T
LOOSE ON EITHER ONE , BILLY'S IS GOING
TO COST MORE ... BUT YOU ARN'T COMPARING
ORANGES TO APPLES
I DON'T THINK I CAN GUIDE YOU ON THIS , JUST CHOES ONE...
                              :lol:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Nolehoe

All good info there!   I'm leaning toward the Mero, can someone tell how differs sound wise, Higher/lower pitched, easier/more difficult to play, more or less versatile etc. To make my dicision more difficult, How would a Turpin compare?

RickC

I'd like to look into one of the Buice trumpets but can't find any contact info, any help?

Sent from my wife's iPad using Tapatalk HD
Blessings,
Rick

Stoner

I purchased a trumpet from Brian Mero last year. Real nice guy and I am well pleased with my purchased. I hunt primarily with box calls and friction calls, just wanted to try something new. Brian trumpet was very easy to use and the workmanship was very good. You would not be disappointed.

callmakerman

RickC

Got it, many thanks
Blessings,
Rick

Trumpetyelper

Nolehoe

Talked to Brian yesterday and he is a super nice guy, ordered an African Blackwood/Ivory. A little more than I initially planned to spend but I think the the small increase you pay to step up to an ivory mouth piece its more than worth it and makes for a better investment.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

rotalley

You will be very pleased with your choice. Brian makes a very good call as does Mr. Buice. I got to thinking about your original question. If you would have chosen a Buice call then you would have another delimma, which mouth pieces do you chose.