OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

pretty bummed...

Started by new2turkey, March 06, 2011, 07:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2turkey

went shooting today at a pit my friend got permission from, and ALL over every inch of the sand pit was covered in turkey tracks...

The land is clearly posted. Too bad... I would have some luck there I'm sure...  :fud: :newmascot:

FttFttVroom!

But you can shoot in the pit right??? ;D

HARDCORE

Try to get permission to hunt the adjacent property.  ;)

HC

new2turkey

Quote from: Hardcore on March 06, 2011, 08:00:18 PM
Try to get permission to hunt the adjacent property.  ;)

HC

I'm not sure of how steep of a hill a turkey is willing to climb... The pit drops about 1-200 feet below ground level, and the sides are pretty steep. In Maine we don't need permission to hunt unposted land  ;)

Gobble!

Quote from: Hardcore on March 06, 2011, 08:00:18 PM
Try to get permission to hunt the adjacent property.  ;)

HC

now your thinking  :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

Take Heart good things to come
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

Just because it is posted does not mean the land owner won't give permission for someone to hunt it.
Have you asked?

God Bless,
David B.

new2turkey

I don't know the owner personally or how to even get a hold of him.

turkey slayer

go to your local courthouse and look up the land owner.

new2turkey

Quote from: turkey slayer on March 06, 2011, 10:32:59 PM
go to your local courthouse and look up the land owner.

Sounds like a good idea... Would it be pushing it though since the posted signs are everywhere, including the bottom of the sand pit? ???

njdevilsb

Posted doesn't mean not huntable.  It can't hurt to ask.  We have tried before and the worst we got was an answering machine with no call back.

handcannon

It wont hurt to ask at all. Other people may feel the same way and have not asked. The owner may just say yes to you. Make sure they know your intentions are real and that you will leave the land without tearing it up with a vehicle or trashing up the place. Let them know that only you will hunt the land and not all your friends. You may even throw in signing a personal injury waiver. Whatever it takes. Take them a turkey breast, wash there car, get em drunk, duct tape them into the basement........whatever it takes!!!

new2turkey

I'm gonna call him soon and see what happens!

Muskie03

Ask away! That's part of the fun. Finding out who owns the land, getting in contact and getting permission. Love it!
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

new2turkey

Quote from: Muskie03 on March 07, 2011, 10:42:19 AM
Ask away! That's part of the fun. Finding out who owns the land, getting in contact and getting permission. Love it!

Should I call the # for the sand pit?

Or should I try to get a personal number?