OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunting In the Rain?

Started by Gobble Nole, March 21, 2013, 11:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

I hunt in the rain, as long as it isn't a downpour. I hit the fields or roads. Mouthcalls, and a box call made for wet weather.

longspur

I've killed several in the rain. The latest one this morning. I put my phone in a plastic bag and wear a rainsuit. I don't carry anything but mouth calls. It was literally pouring and the hens were eating and the toms were strutting around like it was a sunshiny day. The water ran down my sleeve and got me wet to the elbow otherwise I was dry.

Spring_Woods

Heck yea. I like a little bit of wind and rain sometimes.
When the wind blows you can get away with a ton more movement and rain forces them to more open areas making them easier to locate.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

firstflight111

we hunt rain, sleet or snow .or sunshine i like hunting in the rain ,keeps most at home, the birds still work the same. find a great blind get a small heater you can sit dry and warm all day long and kill birds some of my best hunt where i the rain ..
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

Onpoint

I love huntin on rainy days. I ain't to crazy about huntin in a monsoon but I have killed a few in a flatout downpour. I like huntin in a light rain but my absolute FAVORITE time to be in the turkey woods is right after a storm stops.

TN-Hunter

Some of my best hunts were in the rain! Find the Fields break out the bi nos and you will find them feeding. And at right time they respond relay good in the rain. But it does mess up the fans

surehuntsalot

don't hunt in the rain any more,there will be other days
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Improvinghunter101

I don't like to hunt in the rain.  I'm good with a mist.  I had one day that I went out just before a thunderstorm.  It makes it nice cuz boy do they love gobbling at the thunder.  But once it starts to set in, I'm outta there.  Field scouting is pretty much it when that happens

BrowningGuy88

I will not get up and walk out the door into a storm that I know has set in for the day, but other than that yeah. Especially like this weekend. I had already set up when it started raining Friday and Saturday. It was raining when I shot my bird Friday and the lightning started on my way back to the truck. It was drizzling rain Saturday morning when we shot the double.

I don't give up a hunting day because of a little rain. I have the rest of the year to stay dry...

:fud: :newmascot: