turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wild Turkey Noodle Soup-Sunday Dinner

Started by Gobblestopper, March 06, 2011, 07:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobblestopper

Just finished off three huge bowls of homemade wild turkey noodle soup that my sweety made for me.  Man was that mid-December Fall season bird good eats.

New trick was to pressure cook the legs for about 15 minutes. The meat was totally tender and just peeled off the tendons and bone like a charm.  Then  threw in half a breast in the pressure cooker with the leg broth for about ten minutes.

Pan sauteed parsnip, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, seasoning then put it all together in the big soup pot to boil with fresh homemade thick&wide style egg noodles and some chopped parsley.

Unlike those nasty tasting store bought factory birds, wild turks are full of REAL turkey flavor and make absolutely great soup.

Got to go unconscious now!

Update she made my favorite WILD bluberry cheescake too.  She's the best, but after all that I thought about checking the garage to make sure she didn't smash up the car!  LOL  

FttFttVroom!

I just ate and that still made my mouth water  :laugh:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

HARDCORE

Sounds great, had me some wild turkey burritos tonight......yes they were AWESOME!

I agree with you Gobblestopper, pen raised don't hold a candle to wild.

HC

OLE RASPY

jake slayer

mossy835

Sounds like you had a good meal and desert. So what is that going to cost you with the car okay and all???
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: