turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Callmaker list??

Started by Hooksnhorns, March 20, 2013, 11:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksnhorns

Is one on OG? I'd like to look into some box call makers here. Thnx for any input.
Don't Tread On Me

captin_hook

I don't know of a list. Do some looking around.... You're gonna find lots of good call makers here.

Steve

Just off the top of my head and looking at the forum banners...

Gooserbrat, VanHeldon GC, Magnolia GC, Warbird GC, North Bay Game Calls (me ;D), Lights Out GC, AJ Game Calls, Stone Creek GC, Supreme Turkey Calls, and I'm sure there are many more on here that aren't popping into my mind.

Steve

Hooksnhorns

Don't Tread On Me

TauntoHawk

a sticky thread with call makers, phone numbers and websites is a great idea though

box calls, check out SS customs and their feild grade boxes. Competition sound at box store prices I have one on the way and Al was outstanding to talk to and order from.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cut*N*Run

Quote from: captin_hook on March 21, 2013, 07:39:02 AM
I don't know of a list. Do some looking around.... You're gonna find lots of good call makers here.

As you look at the calls around here, or on ebay, or anywhere I guess, make sure you ask if the person actually made the calls. Sometimes it's obvious that the call was handmade by an actual callmaker, but there are people who buy the CNC'd box parts already cut out and then just sand and varnish them.

The kit calls sound fine and the actual business practice is fine I guess- hey most of the business world is about subcontracting. I just like the thought of a craftsman putting the sound into my call, not a machine. And I HATE the thought of someone spending their money on a call that they think was handmade but wasn't.

pappy

If you go to the top of the web page, you will see "links" click on this and you will be directed to call makers on this site and their personal sites.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Hooksnhorns

Quote from: pappy on March 22, 2013, 10:44:55 AM
If you go to the top of the web page, you will see "links" click on this and you will be directed to call makers on this site and their personal sites.

That's what I'm lookin for Pappy. Thnx brother!!
Don't Tread On Me

MiamiE

A list with contact information would he very helpful.

VanHelden Game Calls

Pappy unless I am viewing the link wrong that list is nowhere near the call makers on this site.

I guess P.M. OG and put in a request for the site to have this. I know he was looking for feedback a couple months ago.

Hooksnhorns

Id love to see a list w/ websites included in the info for each.
Don't Tread On Me