OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yep, diaphragm calls need to be .....

Started by Lonehowl, March 19, 2013, 10:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonehowl

cleaned after you use em lol. Made this one awhile back, and was in a plastic container for a couple weeks after I was practicing with it.
I have germs.

Yuck!!

Cut*N*Run

paboxcall

A couple years back, my week long trip to turkey camp got cut in half to a bad sore throat and fever.

Learned two things:

1.  Rinsing with water just makes the mouth call wet.  One part Listerine and one part water and soak the mouth call for ten minutes.

2.  A $6 dollar mouth call isn't worth having the annual spring gobbler camp trip cut in half. 

I never use a mouth call more than a two or three days and it gets pitched in the trash.  Spend more than $6 with a copay for the doctor visit and script copay.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Lonehowl

Yeah, I wasnt gonna touch it lol.
To be fair, the container I put it in had not been cleaned in a long while. Im sure it was pretty much a petri dish.
Mark

Houndstooth Game Calls

jhcats10

Quote from: paboxcall on March 19, 2013, 11:07:20 PM

I never use a mouth call more than a two or three days and it gets pitched in the trash.  Spend more than $6 with a copay for the doctor visit and script copay.

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chcltlabz

I've had great success with the diaphresh, but not like they describe using it.  I put it in a small spray bottle and spray the call, and a little spritz between the reeds and they're sanitized and the reeds won't stick together next time you go to use the call.

Plus, a bottle of the diaphresh last forever that way.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

goblr77

I put mine in a case that can breathe and haven't had any problems. It's one of the Primos black leather call cases with holes in it.

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: jhcats10 on March 20, 2013, 07:40:23 AM
Quote from: paboxcall on March 19, 2013, 11:07:20 PM

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow is right... I have used the same ones for 2 yrs. and they still call great. Also, they're not molded
Romans 8:38-39