turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Saw my first strutter of 2011 in OK!

Started by FttFttVroom!, March 06, 2011, 06:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

I was driving around with a friend checking out a few new spots and when we topped a hill, I saw one tom in full strut with 6 hens and another tom on the side of the road.  They stayed put as we passed and we turned around about half a mile down the road to come back for a closer look.  When we got back, he was still in strut and they let us stop and snap a quick pic with my cell phone before they flew over the fence.  The strutter is on the far right of the group.  He was the last one to leave and tried to fit through some hog wire before figuring out he had to go up and over.

busta biggun

shootumindaface

Basser69

WyoHunter

If those birds were in WY they'd need to have snowshoes on to get around!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

jshively

I would have ended up driving into the ditch.  Good job on multi-tasking the driving and camera!

FttFttVroom!

Quote from: jshively on March 08, 2011, 04:43:09 PM
I would have ended up driving into the ditch.  Good job on multi-tasking the driving and camera!

lol, I was safely in the passenger seat.  Wish I got him in full strut, it was beautiful

redleg06

I cant tell you how many times Ive almost driven off the road looking at turkey, ducks(during duck season) or a good looking gal with a big set of personality.