Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Weekend update

Started by northms, March 18, 2013, 10:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

Hey guys.  This opening weekend was extremely slow for me in MS.  Heard one gobble saturday morning and never could get on him.  Called up 12 jakes at one point.  Sunday didn't hear or see anything.

The gobblers are still bunched up and henned up to say the least.  Hoping over the next couple of weeks that will change. 

I'll be back at it next weekend. 

Checking in....northms   :OGturkeyhead:

bowhunter2k9

I hear that, Thanks for checking in.  I went to property in florida and the gobblers were everywhere.... but they ALL had hens.
Romans 8:38-39

FttFttVroom!

Still bunched up here too, but season is still three weeks away...... Plenty of time for them to break up and spread out.

Ontgunner

About six weeks for me. They were starting to move around a little bit but it's snowing again and we are to get about 6-8" tonight so they will be bunched up for a bit longer.
"Early bird get's the worm but the second mouse get's the cheese"

xarcher

Just got back from a weekend in AL.  No score.  Called up 14 jakes and a bunch of hens.  Had 2 close encounters with longbeards.  The first one was when I had 14 hens in front of me and he was gobbling on the other side of a brush pile.  Would not commit.  The next thing I know is he gobbles and 8 of the hens march right off toward him.  Never saw anything like that before.  the second encounter was a sneaky old boy.  He walked in to my right side without a peep and when he got 30 yards away cranks out a gobble.  Had me pinned and eventually didn't like what he saw and shuffled off.  Never got him in front of the gun barrel. 

Will be in SC for March 31, April 1-2.  If at first you don't succeed. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.