turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Frustrating opener.

Started by birdyhunter, March 17, 2013, 09:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdyhunter

Started off sat. morning very well. Slipped in to within 75 yards of a roosted bird and had 5-6 more located. Gave him some light tree calls then shut up and waited for fly down. Heard some hens fly down and got ready for him to hit the ground next when out of nowhere birds are going every where and and there is a dog barking and chasing everything that made a sound. Strike 1. let's move on to the next bird. Got in the general area down by the river and gave a few yelps, 2 birds hammered right off the bat and so we set up right then and there. Not 2 minutes later we heard 2 gun shots (this is private property) so we jump up and run to where we thought they were and all we hear is a boat motor crank and start running down the river. Strike 2. Didn't strike a bird the rest of the morning on that property so we drove to my inlaws place and spent the afternoon trying to work some field birds but only managed to put permanent indents in out vest seats. Strike 3 we're out. This morning, same story. Dog busts every bird in the country out of there (may he rest in peace) and never struck another bird before I had to leave for church. Skipped church this evening to roost birds at the river and do some low impact soft calling only to have a bird slip in to within 15 yards behind me and bust me using my pot call. First time in 5 years I didn't kill a bird opening weekend. Hope you guys all had better luck!
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

spaightlabs

I could kill a yote.  I couldn't kill a dog.  I'd find out whose dog it is or catch him and take him to the pound.

Not cool.

birdyhunter

Quote from: spaightlabs on March 17, 2013, 09:21:41 PM
I could kill a yote.  I couldn't kill a dog.  I'd find out whose dog it is or catch him and take him to the pound.

Not cool.
no tags, no collar 2 miles from anywhere 2 mornings in a row? He might as well be a yote brother.

spaightlabs

I spose,, still couldn't do it.

birdyhunter

Understandable. Just difference of opinion is all.

Thomas6689

im with you on the dog may he rest in peace