turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

This forum compared to others.

Started by Muzzy61, March 15, 2013, 03:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

Like alot of guy's on here i frequent several different forums. I won't name them but they consist of Archery, handguns, golf and a few other sports.

I have to say this forum is so much more enjoyable to read. First because i'm ate up with turkey hunting, but really because of how everyone treats each other.
I come to these forums to help educate myself and share my passions. But most of the other forums have gotten to where i can't enjoy myself for all the negative comments. In almost any thread you will get brand bashing, people talking down to you because you don't hunt the same as them or support another team.

I have only recently started posting, but have lurked on this forum for a couple of years, and have to say i see very little of these behaviors here. Everyone is very helpful and supportive, as well as respectful.

I would just like to thank everyone, especially the moderators of this board for their advice, support and sharing their experience's and keeping the tone positive.

I think this forum is exactly what it was intended to be, a place where turkey hunters can come and share their knowlege, expericences and passion.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Big Timber

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Burney Mac

Roger that. This is a good place with a wealth of knowledge. Just started posting myself, but have been reading a long time. Good place to be!
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

Ded Goblr

coyotetrpr

Couldn't have said it better myself.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: for Old Gobbler.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

runngun

The comparision is that there is NO COMPARISION!!!! This place is the BEST!!! The Folks are like family!!!    :OGani: :OGani: :OGani:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

alclark2

:z-guntootsmiley:OG is one of the best for sure  :you_rock:
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

tomstopper

theghost_03

Also brand new, really enjoy the information on here!!  Great site!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

firstflight111

I am on many other sites but not so much anymore ,I am loving this one ,great bunch of people on here .i spend more time on here then all the others combined . :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

Gumby

I've only been on here a short time and I have to agree....great forum full of great people

hwy419

I have to agree too... When I interact with the folks here, I feel like I'm talking to someone I have known for years, and I think they feel the same way. Truly a great place!

irishff727

Hi my name is John and I am a forum addict. Lol. I'll be honest I found this forum just by doing a search for hunting turkey joined up did a lot of reading and just by that caught a major fever. The first forum I ever joined was a well known fishing forum but like states everyone bashes everyone hates on ever new guy and is no longer enjoyable. I hit it up once in. Blue moon only cause there are a few sections instill follow otherwise it is a waste. The guys on here have been helpful and very open to share information and give helpful insight. The only forum I frequent as much as this one is a knife and bushcraft forum. Good people there to. And I like the family atmosphere and the fact thy guys can express religious freedom and people don't bash.