turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your turkey displays

Started by Georgia Longspur, March 06, 2011, 02:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgia Longspur

I know this has been posted many times before.  Wanted to see some of the ways you display your beards and spurs.  I have about 20 years worth of legs and beards I am finally working on. Cutting spurs down and then smoothing with a dremel.  Gonna dip the end of the beards in a plastic coating.  Any pointers?  What do you finish your beards and spurs with?  Spray on laquer for the spurs?  Thanks!!

guesswho

I have three of these boards in the first picture.   One for Osceolas, Bama birds and Georgia birds.   The spurs go in a bucket, unless they are 1 1/2" or longer, then I just set them on top of the beard board.  Second picture is 10 years worth of birds 93-03, with the last year being on the board at the top.  I wanted something different so I drilled holes through the board and stuck the shell and beards in it that way.    The last picture is what I call my Uh-Oh board.  Shot off beards, bearded hen, accidental jake kill, shells from misses with the date and who I was with, hospital band from broke nose turkey ect.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

KYFrid

:begging:  Man that's awsome! If I fill up just one of your boards in my lifetime, I'll be happy.

harvester

Thats alot of beards. You have the most beards that I have ever seen. Looks like your the turkey master.  :icon_thumright:

Here is mine.

guesswho

No turkey master here.  I've just been at it a while and am fortunate enough to get multiple tags every year.    Lot of people right here on this forum can hang with the best of them on equal terms. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Georgia Longspur

Both of your boards look great.  Do you do anything to finish your spurs after you cut them down or to the beards to keep them from graying of falling apart

guesswho

I leave the beard with some extra skin attached.  I then flesh it out with a knife, takes about a minute, then put on 20 Mule Team Broax for about a week.   The spurs I just cut off with pruners, then push out the tendons and thats it.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

harvester

Quote from: guesswho on March 06, 2011, 04:42:33 PM
No turkey master here.  I've just been at it a while and am fortunate enough to get multiple tags every year.    Lot of people right here on this forum can hang with the best of them on equal terms. 

There are some great turkey hunters on here but you must be doing something right to get than many birds. I will get there someday, hopefully. :z-guntootsmiley:

Jourdan_D

My first turkey kill.  Still has all the pollen in the fan so it has a yellow "tint" to it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tjh24

some good looking displays there guys!

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

schuylkillspur

You hav nothing w/o FAITH

4nwtf

The first turkey I killed

turkey slayer