turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Haymaker Choke Patterns?

Started by Longspur321, March 14, 2013, 11:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longspur321

Just wondering if anyone has patterned the Haymakers yet...
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

BrowningGuy88

I am pretty sure there are some Super Vinci patterns with the Haymaker in the Pattern Picture section.

Longspur321

Quote from: Daman on March 14, 2013, 11:40:58 AM
I am pretty sure there are some Super Vinci patterns with the Haymaker in the Pattern Picture section.

Yep, saw that one but that's it... hopefully someone else has this choke.
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

ILIKEHEVI-13

I noticed that Indian Creek is making these Haymaker chokes at .670 for the Rem guns.  I would say that is just about perfect according to how my .668 Indian Creek BDS shot compared to the .665 choke. 

vaturkey

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 14, 2013, 01:34:48 PM
I noticed that Indian Creek is making these Haymaker chokes at .670 for the Rem guns.  I would say that is just about perfect according to how my .668 Indian Creek BDS shot compared to the .665 choke.

Indian Creek is making the chokes for Down N Dirty. Unported & no wad catchers . Designed to shoot the Fed HW's.
Vaturkey

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ricky,

My MAD Super Max.675(made by Indian Creek) choke I have has no wad catchers.  It out shot all 4 of the Indian Creek BDS chokes that I shot that did have the wad catcher feature. 

Ded Goblr

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 14, 2013, 02:14:29 PM
Ricky,

My MAD Super Max.675(made by Indian Creek) choke I have has no wad catchers.  It out shot all 4 of the Indian Creek BDS chokes that I shot that did have the wad catcher feature.
I bought a MAD super max off ebay a month ago for $15 for my SX2 28". Shot it for the first time today along with the Fed TT SS loads. Between the two I had the best lead pattern I've ever shot..

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Ded Goblr on March 14, 2013, 10:08:52 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 14, 2013, 02:14:29 PM
Ricky,

I bought a MAD super max off ebay a month ago for $15 for my SX2 28". Shot it for the first time today along with the Fed TT SS loads. Between the two I had the best lead pattern I've ever shot..

That great to hear good feedback about the Super Max choke.  That just goes to show that a .675 choke can and will shoot better patterns than what the tighter chokes will. 

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteIndian Creek is making the chokes for Down N Dirty. Unported & no wad catchers . Designed to shoot the Fed HW's.

I have an Indian Creek .675 "unported" RemChoke "without" wad catchers.  It never outshoots my Indian Creek .665 "ported" RemChoke "with" wad catchers.  The .665 easily beats the .675 in RemChoke.

.670 might be interesting.

Ded Goblr

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on March 15, 2013, 07:28:22 AM
QuoteIndian Creek is making the chokes for Down N Dirty. Unported & no wad catchers . Designed to shoot the Fed HW's.

I have an Indian Creek .675 "unported" RemChoke "without" wad catchers.  It never outshoots my Indian Creek .665 "ported" RemChoke "with" wad catchers.  The .665 easily beats the .675 in RemChoke.

.670 might be interesting.

870, I don't don't know for sure but maybe because the barrel bore is .730 on remmy's and .742 on my SX2. Could be the .665 is the ideal choke diameter for remmy's and .675 for inv+. ??   i'm sure Clark would know the answer..

SKFOOTER

That's exactly what it is Ded. :OGturkeyhead:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

.665 Indian Creek chokes smoke targets in both RemChoke and INV+.

blueridgegobbler

I have a super max in a 870 supermag 23 in barrel and it shoots the 2 7/16 nitro loads better than my 665 indian creek, but in my 3 inch 870 shooting the 2 oz nitro loads the indian creek shoots better

ILIKEHEVI-13

The .665 Indian Creek BDS choke I had that I got brand new did right at 200 shot in the 10" with Hevi-13 3" 2oz #7's out of my 28" barrel.  It shot identical to both the Jelly Heads that everyone raves about.  The .668 Indian Creek BDS shot the best out of the 4 Indian Creek chokes I shot.  The MAD Super Max .675 has done 297 in the 10".  So that just goes to show you .665 don't always work as well at the .660 Jelly Head. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

That was actually a .669 Indian Creek choke I had that shot so well compared to the standard .665 choke that is in the stores.  It shot nite and day better.