OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

BarCodes

Started by TN-Hunter, March 13, 2013, 10:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN-Hunter

Just wondering it anyone on here uses barcodes on their calls, the bigger stores will require one.It is expensive to join the GS1 US plus their annual fee just wondering if their is a cheaper way. Thanks

lightsoutcalls

I don't use barcodes, but only sell through a couple of retailers.  One retailer has developed a "code" that they use on invoices that identify the product. (LOSTRCAM = Lights Out striker camo)  I don't know if they use a barcode as well, but I haven't paid for any. 
I checked into it several years back as well.  Building calls in a one man shop after I get off work and on the weekends just doesn't make it an option for me.  One thing you might want to think about as well -  Most retailers will require 40% of the selling price of the call as their cut.  In other words, if you sell your calls for $50, you get $30, they get $20.  Unless you can really roll them out, get your materials at a reduced price or just don't value your time much, it's hard to make money when you build them one at a time.  Just a thought.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Gooserbat

Check out barcodetalk.com  It cost be in the $130 neiborhood to get set up.  It's a much cheaper route.  The people I talked to on the phone were super fiendly and helpful as well. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.