OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1 piece vs 2 piece strikers

Started by Hankyorke, March 13, 2013, 04:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankyorke

Like most of you I am searching for the perfect striker. I have a very simple question: Is there any advantage or disadvantage of a one piece striker versus the two-piece?

o2stk1

depends on what sounds best on the call im running, like em both but my fav is a 2piece carbon fiber and hickory sounds good on just about anything

TauntoHawk

I like a one piece with flared tip
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

callmakerman

I make and use both. Some of my favorite 1 piece strikers are Black locust,snakewood and bocote. That being said my go to striker for many years has been an HS Strut 2 piece rosewood that seems to run fine on just about any surface. I own 2 but this one just has it for some reason where the other sounds like crap.

longhorn

The main advantage is the two piece are less expensive. Of my favorite ten strikers, eight are two piece. My favorite are black locust,purpleheart, hickory,tulipwood and dymondwood. Good luck. Ken

VanHelden Game Calls

Easier to make a 2 pc.  And because its easier to make, its easier to find the sweet spot or tune it to the sweet spot.  Most of us all started on a 2 pc, we all remember our first love and it will always seems sweeter.

But if you find some nice 1 pc strikers you will love the sound and the looks.  Complete package :love5:

Longbeardfever4ever

I feel like I've found the perfect striker.  Give me a 2 piece dymonwood and I'm happy! That being said, there's always a place for a 1 piece purpleheart in my vest.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24