OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Super-Full Turkey with Hevi-13's?

Started by trippsims, March 13, 2013, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippsims

I just bought a box of these shells to try out, still have a couple of days before the opener. Does anyone else have any experience with this shell/choke combo out of an 870 SPS Super Mag, 20" barrell?

FL-Boss

trippsims

sorry I got the 5's, but in general? Rather, any experience you have with them?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: trippsims on March 13, 2013, 04:07:19 PM
I just bought a box of these shells to try out, still have a couple of days before the opener. Does anyone else have any experience with this shell/choke combo out of an 870 SPS Super Mag, 20" barrell?

At one time I had a 21" barrel on that gun and it came with the flush-fit Super-Full choke. I'm not sure if that's the one you have or if you have the extended version. The flush-fit choke was Hevi-Shot approved and it did okay with the #6 shot. I have never fired any #7 through that choke however. The extended Super-Full choke as I recall, comes in a lead only and a Hevi-Shot approved version, one hardened steel and the other a mild steel.

With those short barrelled guns, I've had much better luck with the SSX or the Wright's #3 than with the SF choke, as have the majority of my readers who've sent me feedback on their experiences.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Kylongspur88

The hevi 6s do we'll out of my 870 with an extended super full choke. But I have a 28 inch barrel on my gun..