OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Needing a choke for Beretta A400 Xtreme

Started by brkncly, March 13, 2013, 12:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brkncly

Just purchased a Beretta A400 Xtreme and I am looking for a turkey choke.  There's not a lot to choose from since it's still new to the market and it uses the Beretta Optima HP chokes.  Right now I've found J.E.B, SumToy, Pure Gold & Indian Creek that have choke tubes for the Beretta A400 Xtreme.  I know that some cost more than others but if it's worth it, I'd pay the price.  Last thing I want to do is buy a bunch of chokes, so I was wondering for the those of you that have a Beretta A400 Xtreme what are you shooting?  What constriction did you decide and why, brand of shot shell, length of shot shell, what size of shot and what yardage are you patterning your Beretta A400 Xtreme?  I did a search before posting this and read up on it, really not a whole lot of info.  I'd appreciate any kind of input and advice, it would greatly be appreciated!

worth612000

I'm using a Pure Gold .670 in the optima barrel with great results and a Indian Creek .665 in a mobile barrel. I pm SumToy at times regarding my guns and he has alot time in with your particular gun. If I was in the market for another choke I would get with him to make one.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: brkncly on March 13, 2013, 12:47:51 AM
Just purchased a Beretta A400 Xtreme and I am looking for a turkey choke.  There's not a lot to choose from since it's still new to the market and it uses the Beretta Optima HP chokes.  Right now I've found J.E.B, SumToy, Pure Gold & Indian Creek that have choke tubes for the Beretta A400 Xtreme.  I know that some cost more than others but if it's worth it, I'd pay the price.  Last thing I want to do is buy a bunch of chokes, so I was wondering for the those of you that have a Beretta A400 Xtreme what are you shooting?  What constriction did you decide and why, brand of shot shell, length of shot shell, what size of shot and what yardage are you patterning your Beretta A400 Xtreme?  I did a search before posting this and read up on it, really not a whole lot of info.  I'd appreciate any kind of input and advice, it would greatly be appreciated!

First of all, you have an excellent shotgun. I hear nothing but good things about it. The JEB's and the Pure Gold turkey chokes have been very popular with my readers. I get a lot of positive feedback on both of them. The .660 exit diameter has been the most popular. All get best results with the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with either 2 oz. of #6 or #7 shot.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. Prior to JEB's and Pure Gold introducing those chokes, I ordered a number of them from Briley. They also make an excellent product.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

brkncly

What choke constriction  should I go with if I use #4 or #5 shot?  Don't you think #6 or #7 shot is light at 30-40 yards?  Thank you!

BandedSpur

#6 lead and 6 or 7 HS is definitely not "light" at 30-40 yds. It just patterns better. ;)

cja

I purchased the Jebs just because they were not many options at the time last year but im getting around 245 in the 10 at 40yds shooting #7hs 3 1/2s

allaboutshooting

Quote from: brkncly on March 13, 2013, 05:42:11 PM
What choke constriction  should I go with if I use #4 or #5 shot?  Don't you think #6 or #7 shot is light at 30-40 yards?  Thank you!

If shooting the Pure Gold, I'd go with the .660 and with the JEB's I'd recommend a .655. The #6 or #7 Hevi-13 shot will work just fine at 40 yards.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."