turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi Gobbling

Started by trippsims, March 12, 2013, 04:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippsims

I have been at the beach for a couple of days, but have kept touch with a buddy who has informed me that the birds south of Jackson are getting after it gobbling on the limbs and going to roost. He said that birds are henned up and ready to be killed about 9:30 in the morning, I cannot wait for Friday morning.

Anyone else got anything similar going on a little closer the the Alabama line?

roostem1st

Yea, they have been gobblin good from noon till around 3:30 or 4:00 for the last few days, I've been listening some in Perry and Greene county both...seen a few with hens till about 10:00 am.

TheSportsman

North MS is still very slow.  A gobble here and there on the limb and quiet on the ground.  Gobblers Ive seen are still grouped up big time.  If we could get a few warm days with good weather, it should pick up in the Northern part of the state.  At least thats what Im seeing...

surehuntsalot

in my area the gobbling is 0,the birds are still grouped up in winter flocks
this is 1 hour south of Jackson
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TANK

My buddy took his son youth hunting this paste weekend in the Centerville area.... Sat he called up 3 jakes and they killed a 3 year old Sunday morning. He said he didn't hear anything before 9:00 am either morning.............my 2 cents

Gobblehead30

Windy is the only report I am getting..  I am heading down Thursday for the opener.  Hopefully this weather helps things.    I know they are not doing anything yet here in TN. 

trippsims

I am going to listen here in the east central part of the state! I will let everyone know how it goes!

deerhunt1988

SUPER slow in east-central MS.

smitty1hunter

Heard one gobbling in SW MS on a youth hunt. We covered A LOT of ground and only heard the one bird. Was a cloudy morning and the bird may have still been on the roost.

Rio

Forecast looks warm and sunny for most of next week....hopefully they'll get their act together!

Basin_hunter

I Haven't heard any yet here in south Louisiana either. This weekend is the youth hunt, hopefully they crank up with this warmer weather.
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

surehuntsalot

headed to camp tomorrow afternoon for the opener friday morning
we will see how they do
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

msgobblergetter

Heard two different gobbles this yesterday morning around 8am. Nothing on the limb.

chrisg2709

They were gobbling decent in Winston county last week and as said prev. they are henned up. Have pics of a good one with about 10 hens from 9:30-4:00.

BamaProud

Quote from: trippsims on March 12, 2013, 04:33:07 PM
Anyone else got anything similar going on a little closer the the Alabama line?

Our place in about 25 miles southeast of Wanesboro just into Alabama.  I haven't been down personally, but my Brother N Law has not heard much yet.  I am hoping the warmer weather fires them up. 
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.