OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Heading to NC

Started by irishff727, March 12, 2013, 01:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishff727

Hey guys work has allowed me some free time to take a trip up to North Carolina. Mainly the boiling springs area of Cleveland county. But trying to understand the seasons was confusing. From what I got was that turkey starts April 13th. Am I correct? I would be staying with my uncle but he isn't a hunter so picking his brain for areas to hunt is about useless. So any helpful advice would be much appreciated and I know this is extremely last minute but I figure I'll be up there why not give it a try

Shooter

Yeah season opens April 13 and runs through May 11. Can't offer much in the way of suggestions for places to hunt in that part of the state though. Good luck man

irishff727

Thanks shooter I am scouring the Internet looking for stuff the state wildlife Internet page is hard to follow but for 60 bucks for a annual hunting license can't beat it

BowBendr

Boiling Springs is in the southern end of the county, the northern end of Cleveland County has some great bird hunting, but it is mostly private land.......but there are some good public land opportunities with-in 1 hr. of your location. Go to the link below and search the interactive game lands maps.
Look at South Mountains and the Green River game lands.

Both have birds........ ;)

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/WheretoHunt/PublicPlaces.aspx

irishff727

Quote from: BowBendr on March 12, 2013, 02:12:41 PM
Boiling Springs is in the southern end of the county, the northern end of Cleveland County has some great bird hunting, but it is mostly private land.......but there are some good public land opportunities with-in 1 hr. of your location. Go to the link below and search the interactive game lands maps.
Look at South Mountains and the Green River game lands.

Both have birds........ ;)

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/WheretoHunt/PublicPlaces.aspx

Thanks for the link. I was messing with it on my iPhone get a better look when I get in front of a Mac

Burney Mac

Another thing. You can hunt on Sunday's but only with a bow, and on privat ground. Kinda stinks if you ask me, but no one did, haha. We're a one bird per day, and two per season state. Good luck.
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

irishff727

Yea I got topo maps and I have my cousin scouting for us. For 60 bucks I'm just gonn get the annual license and go up there as much as I can

GobblinNC

youth season is starts april 6. regular season for adults starts april 13 and runs till may 11