OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Alabama Youth Hunt (Central Bama)

Started by pdaugherty, March 12, 2013, 11:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdaugherty

Took my son Jackson out Saturday morning for the opening of Alabama Youth weekend. We got in our double bull blind around 5:45 and heard the hens start talking around 6:30. We'd been seeing three big long beards in the field we were hunting around 7:15 in the mornings and had a good idea that they would be there. I put out an Avian X Jake decoy with the Avian breeder head 25yds from our blind. Jackson saw the hen fly down and I let out a few soft yelps and clucks with my Tom Teaser butt naked hen. She walked into the field with three long beards in tow. They immediately ran in full strut to the jake and began to flog him. I got some awesome footage for about two minutes and finally managed to get one bird to stand still. Jack smashed him with his 20ga and a load of HEVI-13 #6s. The bird twitched a wing twice and was done. My sons first bird and the best turkey hunt i've ever been on.[/img]

Flydown

Thats AWESOME! Nothing better than that! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

JVA54

kansas hooks

Congrats to your son and to you.  Nice bird

870FaceLift

Sweet!   :toothy9:

I like the way you brushed in your blind - looks good back there.
Pass it on...

tomstopper

Spectacular. Congrats to the both of you. That is one happy looking youngster...........

pdaugherty

I don't know who was more excited me or him. He killed another bird Sunday but there's only one first!

boomer

AUDoubleBeard

Congrats! :icon_thumright: I remember my first tom like it was yesterday.

Gumby

Fireengine70

FireDoc

That is awesome! Congrats to you both!  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

Rio Fan

The smile on his face says it all!  That's a beautiful bird.  Congrats to you and your son!!!  :icon_thumright:

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

J Hook Max

Congratulations. Took my granddaughter out Saturday and she killed one with an eight inch beard. Took my neighbor's boy Sunday and he killed a Jake. We were hunting just South of Camden in Wilcox County.
They gobbled pretty good Saturday but none Sunday.