turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nashville Hunters?

Started by atoler, March 12, 2013, 01:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atoler

Looks like I will be working in nashville from march 26th til august.  I'm planning on staying up there on the weekends since its such a long drive home. Been doing some research on the local public land, and am planning on doing my dangdest to crack a few skulls on the weekends. If anyone would like to get together and hunt, or wants someone to come call/film, let me know. Or if anyone has any tips on the local areas feel free to pm me. Thanks.

Dray223

Don't go to Cheatham WMA, place is a joke. Knock on doors, we done that after giving up on the wma i mentioned in the first 20 min. Got permission from the first place we asked. Only 40 acres but we killed a bird in about 1 hour.

TN Beard Buster

If you don't mind a little leg work, give AEDC WMA a try. It's about an hour or so East of Nashville off I 24. There are a lot of birds there if you take the time to find them. They have 3 day hunts nearly every weekend of our season. I live about 20 minutes from there and hunt it every season and always have fun each time. Since it is an Air Force base managed by the TWRA, there are some special restrictions, but not hard to get around. I've killed some good birds there over the last 25yrs and I'm usually there on opening day.

Fatbeard

Percy Priest holds some pretty good birds. Just have to scout them pretty regular and you should be able to feed an old clown face a lead sandwich!! I killed several birds in the Smyrna area
East TN Beard Buster

Gobblehead30

Yeah Cheatham is too crowded.  Most public is that way closer to Nashville but if you do some driving and scouting you should be able to find some birds to yourself.   

Garrett Trentham

"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org