turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DSD vs Zink Avian-X?

Started by beagler, March 11, 2013, 09:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

What are some of you gentlemens' opinions on the DSD's vs the Zink Avian-X decoys? 
Never Misses

wvcurlytop

They cost too much, but they do look realistic!!!  I read somewhere on this forum that you should take up weightlifting too, as they were heavy..  Don't remember who posted that one, but it must have been a lady!!   :funnyturkey:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

There's no comparison.

Do a search and you'll discover that the overwhelming majority here favor dave smith.

DSD: the turkeys flop there.

dirt road ninja

I have a DSD hen only, so I can't give u a accurate comparison, but I don't find it heavy. I bought mine 2nd hand off this site and would buy another if I can across a deal on them.

CASH

Both look good and are realistic.

DSD IS MADE IN THE USA

The other is a Chinese made COPY COPY COPY COPY COPY COPY COPY

Did I mention its a COPY?
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

ctwny1

Both these decoys look good but are not easy to haul around. It's like anything else, what good points they want to point out to you, there is also a negative side. Nothing is perfect...but they want you to believe that there product is. It's called MARKETING and there is nothing wrong with that. But once you buy a company's so called perfect product, you will soon find out first hand that this so called perfect product isn't  so perfect.

misfire

Cant give an opinion on the DSD, but I do have an AvianX. Have to say that it is heavier than a foam decoy, but not enough to worry about. It inflates relatively easily and quickly, deflates a little longer, realistic and easy to tote.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: ctwny1 on March 12, 2013, 07:53:32 AM
Both these decoys look good but are not easy to haul around. It's like anything else, what good points they want to point out to you, there is also a negative side. Nothing is perfect...but they want you to believe that there product is. It's called MARKETING and there is nothing wrong with that. But once you buy a company's so called perfect product, you will soon find out first hand that this so called perfect product isn't  so perfect.

There are methods that can be developed and products designed for other purposes that can be used to comfortably carry one dsd at a time.  One person carrying two of them is a handful but one person with one is comfortably manageable.

Clif Owen

Hmmm..decisions decisions. I ordered a DSD from Cabelas about 3 weeks ago and it's on backorder. When I ordered it; the decision was a no-brainer. Now I see that they were scheduled to get to them in Feb. and still haven't. I'm wondering now if I should cancel my order and maybe order again later or just wait it out and likely hunt the season without my decoy. I guess the fact that they..and DSD themselves are sold out says something about the quality.
What would you guys do??

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Mack's prairie wing has them in-stock.

Chris Downs

DSD all the way!!  I like how the Avians deflate for easier packing, but honestly, when I had an Avian hen, I never deflated it.  Just stuck it in the tote bag and went on.  Weight was never a concern.  Now that I've gone to DSD though, there's no comparison.  DSD is actually lighter in weight than the Avian and to me, look more realistic.  I bought the jake last spring and now have the upright hen.  Love them both and will pack them both, in one bag, this season. 

WVhuntEER

My dad has the avian jake and upright hen.  I have the jake, feeder, and upright DSD.  Both work great but my DSD's look better IMO.

ziggy

Quote from: Clif Owen on March 12, 2013, 08:32:22 AM
Hmmm..decisions decisions. I ordered a DSD from Cabelas about 3 weeks ago and it's on backorder. When I ordered it; the decision was a no-brainer. Now I see that they were scheduled to get to them in Feb. and still haven't. I'm wondering now if I should cancel my order and maybe order again later or just wait it out and likely hunt the season without my decoy. I guess the fact that they..and DSD themselves are sold out says something about the quality.
What would you guys do??
i ordered one over a month ago and when i ordered it they were in stock.  since then, the order has been stuck on backordered until February 11, over a month ago.  just got off the phone with cabelas and they have no idea when more will be in and it's looking like i'll be hunting the season without the dsd.  i've considered canceling the order and getting avian x's, but i'm going to wait it out and just hope that i'll get at least a week to hunt over the dsd.  i've got a couple fields where it would be the perfect setup.
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

Treeninja

I love my DSD's, they're the best out there IMHO...

Improvinghunter101

Just recently bought the DSD Upright Hen and the DSD Jake.  They just look more realistic than the Avian's.  I am a big fan of Zink's products but I prefer the DSD's for this.  I bought mine at scheels about two weeks ago.  They were out of the upright hen but I went and asked the guy if they had any in the back and he was able to find one.  I'm looking forward to using them in the open fields situations I often find myself in