OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Small wall of ammo...

Started by mudhen, March 11, 2013, 12:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

Not really hoarding, just got everything together in one place  :)

Coupla stupid thoughts on my part:

I like H-13, but for $6 per shell, it would be nice to have the boxes at least hold up while being shipped to Able's Ammo to me  :)

I shot Win XRD for many years, liked it, seemed to hit pretty hard, pattern ok, at $4 per shell, it might stay in the game for me.  Every place I have been lately has lots on hand.  Get a free Thermacell with the box I got Saturday, but I have to pay for shipping...

All this being said, I'll getting the lead stuff ready in case tungsten prices keep increasing...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Deputy 14

You must have the same mental problem that I have.  :you_rock:

870FaceLift

I share the sickness as well.   ;D  I have enough ammo for the rest of this life and then some.  Yet, I still won't pass up a deal on 3.5 Hevi-6's or 3.5 XR 6's.
Pass it on...

jakesdad

I also suffer from this disease.Between 12 and 20(mostly 20)I have 40 boxes of turkey loads.Yet everytime I run across a sale I act like i'm down to my last box.Oh well it dont eat nothin or cost me anything extra to have more than i'll probably ever need on hand...................but just in case :fud:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Skeeterbait

IF... I was going to stock up on ammunition, hypothetically speaking of course, I would have a locked metal strong box 32" long, 24" wide, and 20" tall and it would be stocked full of every form of ammunition I consider necessary.  But of course I have no need for that.  I only need to have the couple of shells on hand for my next hunting trip.  Nothing more.  In fact, often I have no shells on hand and just take a slingshot with me.

TRKYHTR

Very nice Paul call Mudhen. I should have mine tomorrow.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

irishff727

I did the free thermacell wasn't sure how to handle the shipping so I just enclosed a check for it

tomstopper

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 11, 2013, 03:34:34 PM
IF... I was going to stock up on ammunition, hypothetically speaking of course, I would have a locked metal strong box 32" long, 24" wide, and 20" tall and it would be stocked full of every form of ammunition I consider necessary.  But of course I have no need for that.  I only need to have the couple of shells on hand for my next hunting trip.  Nothing more.  In fact, often I have no shells on hand and just take a slingshot with me.
exactly  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

mudhen

Quote from: irishff727 on March 11, 2013, 04:46:21 PM
I did the free thermacell wasn't sure how to handle the shipping so I just enclosed a check for it

Yep, I did the same thing  :)

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

surehuntsalot

I have enough shells to last my grandson through his entire hunting career and he's only 4
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Spring_Woods

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 11, 2013, 03:34:34 PM

I see what you did there! :D
"Was that a gobble?":gobble: