OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

HERNIA.....!

Started by hobbes, March 09, 2013, 05:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

Dang it hurts! I almost couldn't finish up the drive back to Helena from Missoula on Thursday. I debated a trip to the ER that night but finally got to sleep fearing the worst. I passed out during a spike in pain early Friday morning in the bathroom. My wife made it in there before I fell and I kept me from cracking my head open. I scared the heck out of her. It took me a moment or two to figure out what was going on.

I got into the doctor that morning and he seems convinced its a hernia. That was a relief considering my fear of the C word. He gave me some pain killers and I see a surgeon Monday. I suppose they'll examine me and decide the best course of action. Whatever it is, I hope its quick. I'd prefer the Star Trek fix by waving a wand over me. The pills are knocking the edge off but don't knock me out completely. At least I don't feel like I've been kicked in the tenders anymore (for now).

Hopefully I can get over this quickly. Prayers are appreciated!

I did make it out of the house today in minimal pain (with my wife driving) to use a coupon at the local Wholesale Sports that is changing to a Sportsmans Warehouse to look for bargains. I had two coupons, $20 off of 100, and $10 off of 50. No real bargains but I used the $10 off on a 20 ga. Jelly Head .570 choke, some Quaker Boy turkey head targets, and a box of 3" #6 Golden Pheasant to start setting up another 20 ga. since everyone will likely have tags this year. It may be a while before I can get out to shoot though.

tomstopper

Prayers sent. Take it easy and you will be chasing gobblers before you know it......

Old Gobbler

Not sure if its a old fashioned intestine type hernia , or herniated disk but I have had both and the pain is serious- be very careful- hope you feel better- Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ghillie

Careful with that one..you don't want that bowel to get 'strangulated'.  A very serious issue for sure, take it easy.  If you stop passing gas, don't stool or start to vomit, go to the hospital IMMEDIATLY!  Praying for ya!

yankeedeerslayer

All I can say is BE CAREFUL! Hernia's are no joke. Mine was not the same type as yours as mine was inguinal and never really hurt. I had the surgery and the doc put that mesh stuff in to keep me from ever having a rupture. I will tell you that the surgery and the pain afterwards are no joke. It took me 3 months before I could start running again. I still have spots that feel like it's pulling but doc said they are adhesions where skin grew onto the muscle. At least I'll not have a rupture.
US Army Vet

spaightlabs

See what happens when ya leave Colorado?

Hope it works out ok, hate for Isaac to have to carry your butt around the hills.

Tail Feathers

Oh man, I hope they fix you up real soon.
I thought I had one recently, sure had some symptoms.
Doc checked me and said no.  No is a good word when it comes like that.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Usahuntingear

If its an abdominal hernia, they will throw a blow out patch over it and you will be good to go in not time!! If its discs, you have my prayers for sure!! Tom
One day at a time.

lumberjack

If you can go for laproscopic surgery.....recovery time is about 1/4 of the traditional surgery....7-10 days and I was good to go!!  Good luck!

Hooksfan

Quote from: yankeedeerslayer on March 09, 2013, 07:45:48 PM
All I can say is BE CAREFUL! Hernia's are no joke. Mine was not the same type as yours as mine was inguinal and never really hurt. I had the surgery and the doc put that mesh stuff in to keep me from ever having a rupture. I will tell you that the surgery and the pain afterwards are no joke. It took me 3 months before I could start running again. I still have spots that feel like it's pulling but doc said they are adhesions where skin grew onto the muscle. At least I'll not have a rupture.

I had the same surgery in 2006. I think I may have pulled something loose lately, but it ain't bothering me bad enough to go to the doctor yet--Should be able to fend it off till the first of June.

CT Spur Collector

Quote from: yankeedeerslayer on March 09, 2013, 07:45:48 PM

I had this same deal here. Had it done in March a few years back, Doc said I'd be laid up for awhile, I told him I'd be ready for the PA opening the 1st of May. Doc & wife argued to no avail. I WAS sitting under my favorite tree on opening day.

Good luck.

hobbes

good news .... no hernia, no surgery.  However the stabbing pain in my groin and the ''kicked in the tenders'' feeling is the result of inflamation that has to be knocked out with antibiotics, ice, and lots of ibuprophen along with pain meds.  if it isnt knocked out quick ill be in the hospital with IVs to ensure it doesn't become a chronic problem.  I can't do anything for a week.

RutnNStrutn

That is good news!! It sounds like you'll be in the woods for turkey season then!!! :icon_thumright:

Gumby

Glad they got ya fixed up! Im not tryin to play the negative card here but honestly, the hernia may have been the better diagnosis?!?

spaightlabs

Epididymitis I presume.  I took a 1200 mile road trip from good old Eagle County to Northern WI in a Suzuki Samurai with a good case.  Every single bump for 1200 miles felt like I was being stabbed in a ball. 

First 15 minutes after I met my now Father In Law I had to ask if he had a good testicle guy...

You'll be allright, and I'm glad for ya.