OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

conditioning ceramic

Started by mebe007, March 08, 2013, 06:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mebe007

picked up a ceramic pot. how do i condition it for playing?

TauntoHawk

I hope you like it. There isnt really a need to condition ceramic at all, I will give it a few swipes with a scotch brite every now and then to keep it cleaned off. I did hit a small area with a conditioning stone for when I want a bit more grip but that's just what I like.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mebe007

i like it so far. i did notice one spot that looked a little different on the face.

outdoors

I HAVE THREE AND I HAVEN'T TOUCH ANY
I LIKE THE WAY THEY SOUND , WHEN I GET
RIGHT STRIKER . 
THE SPOT THAT YOU SEE IS PROBABLY
THE MAKERS SPOT TO SEE HOW'S IT SOUND
                   ENJOY
               :icon_thumright:      :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

s-s

im no expert by no means but theres one in my pocket every time i go out i have tried everything to condition them you can hit one spot with 220 one spot with 320 and leave one spot alone that way you can get different sounds. the stuff also soaks up oil from your hands i found you can clean with alcohol prep and good as new

savduck

I put a stone on mine. I like ceramic. Awesome surface.
Georgia Boy

magnoliagamecalls

When mine needs it I use box call chalk

CallDr

Quote from: mebe007 on March 08, 2013, 06:18:55 PM
picked up a ceramic pot. how do i condition it for playing?

OK....... Ceramic is the same material you sharpen your knife...lol. The ONLY thing I know that will Cut or surface ceramic is Diamond Paper. Or at least with any real affect like you want with your slate,glass and crystal. Or it's just I never found another alternative. I think? the tool that Primos has.... does have a part that will work. I'll dig mine up and check it on the ceramic I have. At one time I think MAD had a Tool with diamond paper on it?

www.wildtalker.com

VanHelden Game Calls

Our sporting goods store has a little sharpening stick. Plastic handle with about a 1.5" diamond stone.  $6 at out fleet farm and it works great.

I also see Menards and Home Depot all sell diamond paper now.  Just by a sheet of stick on paper and make a stick of your own.  And its replaceable :icon_thumright:

I do feel ceramic needs conditioning like every other surface.