turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Replacing the bead

Started by 870BkWht, March 07, 2013, 12:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Ive got an 870 that has a very small bead on the rib.  I have researched and believe that the barrel I have has a press fitted bead as opposed to a threaded bead.  Basically I was looking for some type of a fiber optic sight that attaches to the rib that would cover up the bead and become the new aiming point.  I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions.  Im not really interested in a red dot or scope at this time, just looking to change the current situation. 

Suggestions welcome.

vtmchunter

I will say do not get a magnetic fiber optic bead that mounts on the rail.  I did this with my 870 and it changed the POI significantly lower.  Made sense because it raised my aiming point, but I didn't pattern and lost a turkey because of it.  I was hitting about 18" low at 30 yards.

Always pattern your gun!

BandedSpur

TG Magnum Gobble Dots are good. You will need to put on a front and rear sight to avoid the problem vtmchunter had. Williams makes good adjustable sights as well.

Old Gobbler

If your gun shoots dead on , and all your looking for is a bright front bead , then you can get a mid bead installed and get a clamp on front bead , for the same cost you can get the adjustable Tru-glo beads - $40 ish
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

irishff727

You guys may laugh but before I put the tru glo red dot on my Winchester aka "widow maker"( yes I named her) I had a bead and I just replaced it with the Winchester snap on glow sight patterned it and had maybe a 1 or 2" poi change. Nice bright front sight with very little poi change all for 11 bucks