OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

BPS with Indian creek and W-W XX

Started by reflexl, March 06, 2013, 08:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I finally did a pellet count with the 1.75oz #5 XX 3" load with the BPS and Indian Creek .665". 155 which is pretty good. Will shoot the 2oz XX this weekend. reflexl

Here is the pic with the circle moved to catch more pellets. Please note that I marked twins and triplets with one stroke of the marker which is why your counts is off a little. With the sircle moved there are 167 hits in 10".

BandedSpur

That's not pretty good, that's great. Best I have ever heard of. I would hunt with that set up any time.

reflexl

Pretty good was supposed to be tongue in cheek. That is the best I have ever got with any lead #5 load. The same set up with heavy 7 put just over 200 in 10" at 40 yards. I killed one bird with the heavy 7 but I didn't get the head slam I like to see with it. reflexl

BrowningGuy88

Those lead 5's do a number on a tom's head that is for sure! And with 150+ in a 10" circle you are killing him everytime if you hold the pattern on him!

:fud: :newmascot:

reflexl

Yep I couldn't be happier. My 835 with a stardot will do 150 on a good day. Most of the time it is in the 140 range. The only problem I have is POI is about 8" high. That isn't a problem if I aim at teh base of the neck though. reflexl

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteI finally did a pellet count with the 1.75oz #5 XX 3" load with the BPS and Indian Creek .665  155 at 40 Yards

I have the same exact setup, and mine did 130.  A very good looking 130 at 40 Yards.  That is a very good choke for an INV+ BPS.

reflexl

I am going to do some more patterning this weekend. I was looking at the 155 shot target last night. If you take a 10 circle and move it up 4" and over 2" there are somewhere over 180 pellets in 10"! I am going to to try a couple of experiements this weekend. The BPS does its best completely clean. My 835 does its best with about 2 shots down the tube after cleaning. reflexl

Michigander

reflexl

I ahve been thinking and I think I will flip the target and take my 10" template and lay it over the area to make a good picture. It will be much easier to get a good count with the 10" circle moved. I feel sure from looking last night that it will hit 180 with room to spare. I can't imagine the 2oz load shooting any better. reflexl

WildSpur

If I got that consistently I would give up HTL!

Cluck more, yelp less

reflexl

Well I have the target at work and will post a phone pic after re-counting with the 10" circle. One thing interesting with this combo is the number of pellets side by side and even a few 3 pellet clusters. I usualy see this at 20-25 yards but rarely at 40. reflexl

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Try to buy a few boxes of that exact lot number now that you have found an awesome combo.

JVA54

reflexl

I will post the lot number after I get home. Needless to say I am tickled. Two more members of Old Gobbler came by and I showed them the pattern. Cool facial expressions!

reflexl

Ok boys and girls, the lot number is B1FA10. I bought them at Walmart.