Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Christmas in March

Started by davisd9, March 05, 2013, 01:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Have a buddy of mine that lives in SC but works around Atlanta.  He stays outside of Atlanta and recently realized he was not far from Mr. Billy Buice's shop.  ;D  Last week he swung by and picked up one of Mr. Buice's famous trumpets.  Later that day he said he would get me one if I would like.  Well I could not pass up the opportunity to get a call from a call making legend.  Sent him the money for the call and an extra mouth piece, got #3 and #4.  Have not got it yet, but my buddy picked it up for me today.  He said Mr. Buice made it last week and called on it using one of his own mouth pieces.  Says it sounds great.  I cannot wait to get it.  It is made in Osage, Mr. Buice recommends Osage.  Cannot wait to get it in the mail!

Mine is the bottom one and my buddy's is the top one:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

Wow Nice looking call!!
   Congrats!!

Turkeykiller12

Nice looking call. Wished I knew how to run one.

trkehunr93

Trumpets and wingbones are great calls and really take you back in time when you use them, they are the original mouth call in my opinion.

davisd9

Quote from: trkehunr93 on March 06, 2013, 10:50:57 AM
Trumpets and wingbones are great calls and really take you back in time when you use them, they are the original mouth call in my opinion.

I am with you on that.  I can only yelp, cluck, and semi cutt on a trumpet, but they sound so much better than other calls, even though others can probably call on it much better than I.  Mr. Buice says to take a mouth call, a box, and a trumpet to the woods and play them.  You will hear  mouth call, a box, and then a turkey, haha
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Nice! You going to hunt her this spring?

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 06, 2013, 07:49:34 PM
Nice! You going to hunt her this spring?

She will be around my neck on every hunt! :D

trkehunr93

Quote from: davisd9 on March 06, 2013, 06:21:14 PM
Quote from: trkehunr93 on March 06, 2013, 10:50:57 AM

I am with you on that.  I can only yelp, cluck, and semi cutt on a trumpet, but they sound so much better than other calls, even though others can probably call on it much better than I.  Mr. Buice says to take a mouth call, a box, and a trumpet to the woods and play them.  You will hear  mouth call, a box, and then a turkey, haha

I like that analogy!