Maybe
15 (21.1%)
Hate it!
6 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

busta biggun

gobblerkiller

Quote from: NYbassman on March 09, 2011, 06:33:14 AM
I don't know, just seems kind of distasteful to me. Mocking the bird we all have so much respect for, or at least we should. Why anyone would want to ride around with that on their truck is beyond me. Makes us look like blood thirsty killers who only see the game we pursue as something to kill. Just doesn't seem like the kind of message we want to be sending to everyone who passes you on the road. But, I am sure I will get chastised for saying this, so whatever.
I figured this sticker would get under some peoples skin. I do apologize, but if you knew me and how long and much time I spend enjoying this great sport of turkey hunting. I called a bird in for my son when he was 8 years old. I will remember that hunt till I take my last breath! I am just showing love for all those turkeys that have burnt that image in my brain, and that is the reason I head to the woods every spring to make another memory of that next tom gobbling and coming over the next ridge!

Timber Chicken

gobblerkiller, You said you were going to make changes are you going to post the changes or is this the final product ? I wasn't offended actually thought it was pretty cool. I just want to know before I order mine.

jyoung

Whats up Guru?!?  I think the decal rocks bro! 
Jonathan Young

catdaddy

Quote from: gobblerkiller on March 09, 2011, 09:30:27 AM
I don't know, just seems kind of distasteful to me. Mocking the bird we all have so much respect for, or at least we should. Why anyone would want to ride around with that on their truck is beyond me. Makes us look like blood thirsty killers who only see the game we pursue as something to kill. Just doesn't seem like the kind of message we want to be sending to everyone who passes you on the road. But, I am sure I will get chastised for saying this, so whatever.
I figured this sticker would get under some peoples skin. I do apologize, but if you knew me and how long and much time I spend enjoying this great sport of turkey hunting. I called a bird in for my son when he was 8 years old. I will remember that hunt till I take my last breath! I am just showing love for all those turkeys that have burnt that image in my brain, and that is the reason I head to the woods every spring to make another memory of that next tom gobbling and coming over the next ridge!

I don't think any apologies are necessary gobblerkiller. I have always found it to be an interesting observation of the human psyche in regards to comments I see from time to time related to "respect for the animal".  For example, somehow, that window sticker was viewed as disrespectful. However, shooting said animal at close range in the head with a load of heavy shot and then posing with a picture of said animal hung upside down by its feet is completely "respectful".  Go figure 

bird

Quote from: catdaddy on March 09, 2011, 12:12:34 PM

I don't think any apologies are necessary gobblerkiller. I have always found it to be an interesting observation of the human psyche in regards to comments I see from time to time related to "respect for the animal".  For example, somehow, that window sticker was viewed as disrespectful. However, shooting said animal at close range in the head with a load of heavy shot and then posing with a picture of said animal hung upside down by its feet is completely "respectful".  Go figure 

:icon_thumright:

NYbassman

I guess it is true that some will just never "get it".

gobblerkiller

Quote from: catdaddy on March 09, 2011, 12:12:34 PM

Thanks catdaddy, I am still going to change the design and get that ready for the new batch. We have about fifty of this design right now. I am going to have a full white one very soon. I will post the picture when I get them on hand. Jonathan sup bro how you been?