OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New turkey decal design

Started by gobblerkiller, March 05, 2011, 09:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Like this sticker

Yes
33 (46.5%)
No
17 (23.9%)
Maybe
15 (21.1%)
Hate it!
6 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

guesswho

I'd rather have a gobbler hanging upside down.  Looks good though, but its not something I'd put on my vehichle. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

dodger

Quote from: guesswho on March 06, 2011, 11:29:35 AM
I'd rather have a gobbler hanging upside down.  Looks good though, but its not something I'd put on my vehichle. 

me too

gobblerkiller

Thanks guys for all the comments. I will make some changes on the sticker than.

Odessa

I like pictures of turkeys in that pose.  I also got my hands on some of your calls for the first time last week - in stock at a gunshop in New Bern NC (Field and Stream Sports) - nice calls.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

shootumindaface

Stickers attract other hunters.. That is why I have a huge sticker that says "Michigan Morel Hunters Association"

dodger

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 06, 2011, 12:54:08 PM
I'd rather have a gobbler hanging upside down.  Looks good though, but its not something I'd put on my vehichle.  
Stickers attract other hunters.. That is why I have a huge sticker that says "Michigan Morel Hunters Association"

OR... other hunters see whats parked there and keep on going... cause they know there isn't a snow balls chance their gonna get the cake... like in my neck of the woods...

I got a NF road that lots of guys know that single road by my name... 

gobblerkiller

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 06, 2011, 12:54:08 PM

Love that sticker ideal, or something like PETA? LOL

vaturkey

GOBBLERKILLER

I LIKE THE DECAL  !! PUT SOME COLORS ON IT  !! INSTEAD OF "ALL THE TURKEYS IVE KILLED "      PUT   "ALL THE GOBBLERS IVE KILLED"

:newmascot:
Vaturkey

BOFF

Amazing what one can find on the internet about others.

Bottom picture was posted on March 1, 2010. It reads he had someone by the name Painterchic make it for him.

God Bless,
David B.

handcannon

I agree with turkeybow. Make the background transparent, the letters white and leave the turkey just like it is. That would make a sharp looking sticker. It'd look good on my golf cart heading to the woods.

knightrider

to much white and not enough color

gobblerkiller

Thanks guys for all the input on the decal. I am working with on these changes as we speak. I was thinking of making them reflective as well so they will glow when we are coming out of the woods.

briancady

Quote from: redarrow on March 05, 2011, 09:22:20 PM
It needs some color. Other than that its a cool design.

I second that.

NYbassman

I don't know, just seems kind of distasteful to me. Mocking the bird we all have so much respect for, or at least we should. Why anyone would want to ride around with that on their truck is beyond me. Makes us look like blood thirsty killers who only see the game we pursue as something to kill. Just doesn't seem like the kind of message we want to be sending to everyone who passes you on the road. But, I am sure I will get chastised for saying this, so whatever.

harvester

Quote from: NYbassman on March 09, 2011, 06:33:14 AM
I don't know, just seems kind of distasteful to me. Mocking the bird we all have so much respect for, or at least we should. Why anyone would want to ride around with that on their truck is beyond me. Makes us look like blood thirsty killers who only see the game we pursue as something to kill. Just doesn't seem like the kind of message we want to be sending to everyone who passes you on the road. But, I am sure I will get chastised for saying this, so whatever.

I will put your sticker on my truck.  :icon_thumright: