OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just bought an 870 Turkey/Predator

Started by trippsims, March 03, 2013, 01:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippsims

I recently purchased a Remington 870 SPS Super Mag Turkey/Predator that comes from the factory set with a Truglo red red dot, 20" barrel, and other goodies. Does anyone have one and know a good shell to put through it with the Remington Super-full, or a choke/shell combo that shoots well out of it?

ohiostrutter

I have the spa turkey same gun without the red dot don't overlook the factory choke shoots good with heck 13 7 also may want to look at a jellyhead as well great turkey gun u have their

nyhunter

I have the same gun, I get great patterns from a jellyhead .660 and H-13 #6's..  If I were looking for a choke right now I'd buy a Sum Toy from William,great guy and he'll work with you.

trippsims

I shot a Jellyhead out of my Super Nova last year and it worked well, I like the factory choke, and jelly heads, and Hevi13's so I guess I will have to just try it all out!
Thanks guys!

redleg06

I have that same gun and I shoot TSS out of it but before that I tried a pure gold choke (.670) and the 3 1/2" mag blends and was getting good even patterns of just over 200, consistently. I also tried a Jellyhead in .660 and .665 and an Indian Creek in .665 with various Hevishot loads.

I loved the pure gold and Mag Blends but my second choice would be the  Jellyhead .660 and straight 7 shot.

trippsims

Quote from: redleg06 on March 04, 2013, 01:50:40 PM
I have that same gun and I shoot TSS out of it but before that I tried a pure gold choke (.670) and the 3 1/2" mag blends and was getting good even patterns of just over 200, consistently. I also tried a Jellyhead in .660 and .665 and an Indian Creek in .665 with various Hevishot loads.

I loved the pure gold and Mag Blends but my second choice would be the  Jellyhead .660 and straight 7 shot.
How far were you getting patterns like that?