OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What you think about this?

Started by marks2000z71, March 05, 2011, 05:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicman

I understand what you are saying about this guy, but take it from someone who is unemployed.....If I was lucky enough to still have my job, I wouldn't be complaining about having to bust my butt. Another thing... you are not paying his way, that would be called welfare, not unemployment. His ex-employer has to cover a percentage of that. Again I do understand, I don't spend that much time being in the woods. I'm at home with my kids to save money on daycare and also finding time to go back to college while job hunting. We are not all like this guy!!!!! I also stop taking unemployment benefits as soon as my wife and I got lined up with are spending with our new situation. I hope you are lucky enough not to lose your job.

Gamblinman

Not a whole lot of jobs out there, and lots of competition.

I lost my job of 26 years when the company closed in November 2008. I just got re-hired recently. Spent many hours on-line and beating doors looking for a job. Now, I didn't hunt or fish everyday, but did my share. Paying for it this year, as my hunting has been seriously curtailed.
Don't beat on the guy too hard..if he was in a specialized profession, as I was, it may take a while for him to find a job. Believe me....looking for a job in this economy IS a full time job!!

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

BOFF

Quote from: Gamblinman on March 06, 2011, 09:38:44 AM

I lost my job of 26 years when the company closed in November 2008. I just got re-hired recently. Spent many hours on-line and beating doors looking for a job. Now, I didn't hunt or fish everyday, but did my share. Paying for it this year, as my hunting has been seriously curtailed.
Don't beat on the guy too hard..if he was in a specialized profession, as I was, it may take a while for him to find a job. Believe me....looking for a job in this economy IS a full time job!!

Gman

Nicely worded.

Those of us with jobs are really Blessed with what we have.

God Bless,
David B.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joshua

Quote from: Shotgun on March 05, 2011, 07:47:03 PM
I can't hate on a man that get's to hunt every day.  If I could figure how to do it, Id be right there with him.
:agreed: X 100
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

turkeybow

"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

turkeybow

Quote from: Gamblinman on March 06, 2011, 09:38:44 AM

Gman

This sure is the truth!  The competition out there is getting to be very high!! I've got a job but it's not the one that I want.  The one that I want you have to test for.  Some where around 120 will test for it and the number hired will change each year.  Last year it was 12 and this year it will be 6 unless it changes.
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

marks2000z71

Sorry guys I did get welfare mixed up with unemployment. This guy worked for a fire truck manufacturer and they would hire him on then lay him off hire him back on then lay him off. No he has completely quit working for them. Not sure how long unemployment pays out but he has been on it since I have known him ( 3 years ).  My job was recently hiring for a manufacture of mast spars and I offered him a job and he refused to take it because he said the pay wasn't high enough. Well I thinking and inexperienced person in manufacture is well worth starting out and 10 to 12 dollars. I think is is just flat out lazy!!!! I will admit if I did NOT have to work I think I would hunt a lot more too but come on 6 days a week is a little much.

12 GAUGE

I hunt 7 days a week during the spring turkey season here in alabama i live next to national forest land . i drive a school bus so when i finish my morning route i go home put on my camo and take off.
ROLL TIDE

turkeybow

Quote from: marks2000z71 on March 06, 2011, 01:52:01 PM
Sorry guys I did get welfare mixed up with unemployment. This guy worked for a fire truck manufacturer and they would hire him on then lay him off hire him back on then lay him off. No he has completely quit working for them. Not sure how long unemployment pays out but he has been on it since I have known him ( 3 years ).  My job was recently hiring for a manufacture of mast spars and I offered him a job and he refused to take it because he said the pay wasn't high enough. Well I thinking and inexperienced person in manufacture is well worth starting out and 10 to 12 dollars. I think is is just flat out lazy!!!! I will admit if I did NOT have to work I think I would hunt a lot more too but come on 6 days a week is a little much.

Now when someone is drawing unemployment and then offered a job but decline it................that is flat out LAZY.  I have seen flat out lazy before.  When I was a sophomore in college I worked with a guy installing water meters.  We would come to the house and put in a water meter box and then run a water line from the main line to the box.  One guy that worked with us got his money from the job while drawing unemployment.  He was able to do this because we were getting paid under the table.  I never knew he was doing that until I was about to leave.  That to me is FLAT OUT LAZY!!!!!
~ Aldo Leopold

turkey slayer

jcarter

I just don't understand this at all. ...Why should he have to be home in the evening to welcome home the kids?  :angry9: